Thankful, scared, hopeful, nervous

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
DianeC

Thankful, scared, hopeful, nervous

Post by DianeC »

I have been reading everything on this site since I found it on Monday evening after getting the awful email! My daughter didn’t pass, we now know her scores were VR-130 NVR-137 and Maths 110. I am so thankful that I found this site not only for all the help and info but for the obvious understanding, care and support of the members!

I feel quite terrified at the thought of speaking to the appeal panel but at least I will be well prepared thanks to everyone here. I am hopeful (but not counting on it) but still very scared. I am seeing my daughters Head Master tomorrow morning; I have had to wait until then because they had Ofsted inspectors in on Tues/Wed ….. it has been purgatory waiting for some feedback.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you all for being there!
Diane
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

it's a long, hard journey for you, DianeC and one that you are prepared to make for your child.

Just that fact alone is so humbling.

A11 you appealing parents need to be commended for your guts and perseverance.

Good Luck.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

High NVR score could be used as NVR is allied to Maths ability - have you got good NC levels in Maths to explain Maths score as a 'blip' on the day?

Hang in there!
DianeC

Post by DianeC »

Not sure what NC level is? Is that the same as SAT's? She is predicted Level 5b in everything except reading which is 5a and has a reading age of 13yrs 9mths.

The Head was very possitive this morning and apparently the GS we want her to go to has only filled 50% of it's places so far! Daughters best friend got through by Head Teachers appeal with lower marks!!!!

Not quite as scared today!!
Diane
capers123

Post by capers123 »

DianeC wrote:Not sure what NC level is? Is that the same as SAT's? She is predicted Level 5b in everything except reading which is 5a and has a reading age of 13yrs 9mths.
Yes. And your DD has predicted results that fit in my idea of Grammar Range, so that's one good thing for you.
Capers
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

NC is national curriculum the 'proper' name for SATs!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now