non qualification appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ollie10

non qualification appeal

Post by ollie10 »

Hi , I would appreciate some advice please. I am appealing for a Grammar School place for my daughter who didnt pass by 4 marks. The day before the second test she was very upset due to a private matter and we feel that this caused her not to perform to the best of her ability. Her headteacher has provided predicted SATS scores of 5 in all her subjects and I would appreciate any advice in relation to her appeal.
p.s. her sister alrady goes to this school.
magwich

Post by magwich »

I would certainly try to get some medical evidence together if you are able to do so. Even if no doctor was involved at the time it would still be possible to get her to your GP and get him to write a medical report rather as he would do if you had been injured and were going to court. I personally do not know why people are so in awe of doctors but they all are so you might as well use that!
Good luck with everything
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Tell the panel of the private matter that affected your daughter - any evidence you have will be helpful to your case. If it's a non-medical reason don't bother with a doctors letter.

Of course, where this could come unstuck would be if she did better on the 2nd paper than the first (and I've known that be revealed at an appeal before!)
Capers
ollie10

Post by ollie10 »

She actually passed the first test.The difference in marks is on the second test. Thanks for your advice.