appeal chances??

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mumsy

appeal chances??

Post by mumsy »

[quote="mumsy"]Hi, wondered if anyone can advise how i may fair in appeal for my daughter. she scored VR: 138, NVR 118, Maths 112, in the kent 11+ tests. Applied for Wilmington 1st (as my two older daughters attended this school) and then Dartford, our third choice school was not offered to us either, I am therefore left with a school that I would not (in a million years) of even considered, so I am in a really bad situation. (I have actually turned down the school offered, as feel it is a very low acheiving school and my daughter will not fit in there at all) Our head teacher is happy to support the appeal. She has always been in the top band at school and is currently acheiving 5's. Has anyone else managed a successful appear with similar scores? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as i am currently complying my letter of appeal. (with the help of this excellent site!!).
Debbie.P

Wilmington

Post by Debbie.P »

You should not need to worry about the score your daughter acheived as my daughter got into Wilmington with the help of her head-teacher with 1 point under the pass rate 4 years ago. Last year they were accepting appeals with children 20 points under the pass rate. Good Luck
mumsy

fingers crossed for wilmington!!

Post by mumsy »

Hello Debbie, thanks so much for your encouraging reply!! We will try our very, very best and fingers crossed it will all come good. After having no problems with my other girls, didn't think we would ever be in this position, but the reality has hit us third time round - you can never tell how your child will actually perform until the day of the test. Hopefully our dark cloud will lift soon!! I would like to wish lots of luck to all the other parents who are currently in the same situation :)
kentmum

Post by kentmum »

Given that you now don't have a school place I would appeal. Try and get your headteacher to write a letter of support and as much evidence of academic ability as possible (Sats, Cats etc...). If there are any migigating circumstances include them in your letter. Also try to explain why this particular school meets your daughters needs. We appealed last year for a Kent School and the build up was the worst experience of my life. The appeal itself was really ok it was just the worry of the unknown and the fact that it meant so much to our son. We followed all of Etienne's advice on the appeal letter and the appeal itself and won! You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain by appealing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now