An unexpected result - Geocachers thread

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
geocachers

Re: An unexpected result - Geocachers thread

Post by geocachers »

So, our appeal is coming up. Just wondering what sort of questions we should be asking of the officer presenting the school's case not to admit. Any suggestions?

Also, and I cannot go into further details on here, I have a concern about the make up of the panel. Is there someone I can pm to see if this is within the rules please?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

geocachers wrote:So, our appeal is coming up. Just wondering what sort of questions we should be asking of the officer presenting the school's case not to admit. Any suggestions?
The Q&As? C1?
Also, and I cannot go into further details on here, I have a concern about the make up of the panel. Is there someone I can pm to see if this is within the rules please?
Presumably you've already seen the the basic rules?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can use the Appeals Box if you like, but answers (carefully worded!) will be given on the forum.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From what you have written we already know - in general terms - what your question is. We would just need a bit more background information in private (i.e. what you think the problem might be).
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

geocachers wrote:Also, and I cannot go into further details on here, I have a concern about the make up of the panel. Is there someone I can pm to see if this is within the rules please?
Sorry for the delay, but I've only just spotted your email. (I'm afraid auto-forwarding isn't working! :? )

It's possible that para. 1.8(d) of the Code could apply - it rather depends on how close the links have been.

If I were you, I wouldn't make an accusation at this point, but I think I would write to the clerk to raise the question of independence and explain your reservations - and see what the response is.
Etienne
geocachers

Post by geocachers »

Just an update from us - we had the appeal hearing last week and we received an email yesterday to say our appeal had been upheld. We are thrilled! :D Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and giving support on here. I am not sure we could have done it without you! :)
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Great news, that must be a weight off your mind.
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Excellent news!
icantthinkofagoodone

Post by icantthinkofagoodone »

Thrilled for you :D
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »