Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:27 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:55 pm
Posts: 725
We were in a similar position.
I looked into a remark but it wasn't possible.

It's hard when a sibling is at grammar and when you know they have similar ability (stronger in your case).

Good luck in the appeals process.
In the meantime, big up your local school.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 9877
hi cookie - have you had a look at the appeals FAQ ? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 am
Posts: 31
hermanmunster wrote:
hi cookie - have you had a look at the appeals FAQ ? https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals



yes i have now. thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm
Posts: 36
Please can I have assistance for GL.

This is what emailed:

"I would to request my child's GL test scores undertaken for 11 plus exams at three schools. Please advise me of any charges.

Please forward this email to the relevant person"

GL reply:

"Good afternoon

You will need to contact the school direct for any results for tests which they have administered.

Kind regards


Senior Customer Service Advisor, GL Assessment"

The schools in question have all declined raw marks request, with a SAR for one in London.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 8381
Quote:
The schools in question have all declined raw marks request
If GL have the data in their possession - which presumably they do - I would have thought they should be giving you a legitimate reason for refusing.

Where you have the refusal in writing, you could try going to the ICO about each of the organisations concerned.
https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
("Your personal information concerns - If you have had a problem accessing your personal information from an organisation .....")

It may take time, but worth seeing if the ICO can help.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 pm
Posts: 457
NorthLondonMummy wrote:
Please can I have assistance for GL.

This is what emailed:

"I would to request my child's GL test scores undertaken for 11 plus exams at three schools. Please advise me of any charges.

Please forward this email to the relevant person"

GL reply:

"Good afternoon

You will need to contact the school direct for any results for tests which they have administered.

Kind regards


Senior Customer Service Advisor, GL Assessment"

The schools in question have all declined raw marks request, with a SAR for one in London.


Apologies if I am wrong but if that is all you put in your email to GL, it would sound to them like you are just asking them for the 11+ test results not any breakdown? Their reply seems to indicate that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 8381
I think you're right, rhiane.

Less haste needed on my part!

There does need to be absolute clarity about what is being requested.

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 pm
Posts: 36
Thank you for your input and pointing out my wording,rhiane..

Here's my new reply: (please feel free to comment)

"Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I have already the GL test results from three different schools (London).

Please can I ask
1. a re-mark , if possible and
2. If we can have a breakdown of her scores (different sections)

I hope this is a litte clearer. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarification."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 pm
Posts: 457
NorthLondonMummy wrote:
Thank you for your input and pointing out my wording,rhiane..

Here's my new reply: (please feel free to comment)

"Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, I have already the GL test results from three different schools (London).

Please can I ask
1. a re-mark , if possible and
2. If we can have a breakdown of her scores (different sections)

I hope this is a litte clearer. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarification."


Sorry, I'm not the right person to advise on matters such as these, but if you haven't already i'd list the schools and candidate numbers, if you have them, or your DCs full name and DOB if you don't.
Some schools don't allow remarks but this is normally stated in their exam info, for example Latymer states this under admission procedures "The school will not be able to consider requests for re-marks" other school will not remark papers until after National offer day (2nd March) you'll need to check each school's admission pages.
Whether or not they will release a breakdown of an individual's scores, I have no idea?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: An unexpected result
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 8381
When making a Subject Access Request, the ICO advise against muddying the waters by simultaneously raising other issues (in this instance, the possibility of a re-mark).

Why not borrow some of the wording used in the specimen SARs to be found in B47 (e) and (i)?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b47

You mustn't of course put this on the forum, but GL deal with many, many thousands of candidates, so your email must give them sufficient information to identify you, such as child's full name, date of birth, test venue, date of test, candidate number (if known).
[cross post with rhiane]

_________________
Etienne


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020