Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:07 pm 

I'm hoping that you can give me some advice regarding our selection review for our daughter.
She scored 115 (114 verbal, 123 Maths, 109 non-verbal)
We have the full support of her head teacher who was very surprised by her result. He gave her a 1.1 recommendation and she was the only one in the year with that recommendation who didn't pass. He has completed the head teachers review form already. Her gradings are all GDS (year 2-5) and predictions are 111-120 for end of year 6.
She also has extenuating circumstances which he has included and we will supply a report for.
We are compiling the information that we need to provide. Do we need to include all the school reports given that he has supplied the grading or do we just include the year 6 report in full? and maybe year 2 as that was at her previous school? I don't want to overwhelm them with paperwork given the short time they have to review each child. But also don't want to omit things that are important.
Many thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:28 pm 

Welcome! :)

Quote:
do we just include the year 6 report in full? and maybe year 2 as that was at her previous school?
Looking at the headteacher review summary sheet, has the KS1 column in part 3 been left blank? Or has the current head been able to complete it correctly?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 pm 

Thanks Etienne,
Yes the current school has completed the KS1 section correctly showing Greater Depth in each category as they had a full copy of the report from her previous school.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:07 pm 

I think the Y6 report would be sufficient.

Note that they will spot whether any comments in a report to parents do not quite match what is in the headteacher review summary sheet, so check carefully!