Bucks Selection review-120

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

devdha

Re: Bucks Selection review-120

Post by devdha »

We would like to inform about her health and postpone the exam but her health was not stable. Also we were not sure how GP will react as her temperature was fluctuating.

Just giving a try, if we succeed we will move quickly to Bucks catchment and try for a place in subsequent allocations. Just one question here what are the chances of getting a place if we move after December. Does anyone had similar situation last year (just in case they moved after December).

Thanks for all your support.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’m not a Bucks expert as I’m based in Reading (so hopefully a local will correct me if I’m wrong), but the SRs are held in February I think. So you won’t know until then if your review has been successful or not.

You could move in December but I don’t think that helps in terms of getting a place, regardless of whether your SR is successful. You’ll still be classed as being OOC for Buck as far as I know.

Also be aware that there is very little waiting list movement for Bucks GSs. You could move, have a successful SR and still not get a GS place.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Tinkers is correct, you will not know until February. Even if you moved before then your current address would be used in March. If you look at the distances for the last few years you will see how much movement there is (very little, sometimes just one person).
My post above shows the distances for last year, the other years are on the BCC website. Remember you will also have to prove that you have moved permanently.
Also, as mentioned before, what about a primary school place for your DD (and siblings). If your DD stys at her current school this might be viewed as an indication that it is not a permanent move.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I doubt commuting from Bucks to a primary school in Tilehurst for the rest of year 6 is even feasible.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now