A funny one this - any ideas?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Moscow

A funny one this - any ideas?

Post by Moscow »

Hi all. As you may have read, we are going through the appeals process in Kent for non-qualification, ds scores VR 128 NVR 130, MATHS 107. We sent off the appeal letter with our evidence, including Headteachers and class teachers letter and all other evidence, SATs, CATs etc. We sent to both grammar schools on the CAF that had turned us down due to non-qualification. Expected letter back with appeal date etc and one school acknowledge our appeal and said the usual and expected about a date to be set for the appeal.

My question is about the other school. they too replied to us today but strabgely asked us to let them know as soon as possible which school he was offered, they have invited us to e-mail them with this information. We were not expecting this question at this stage.

My question is is there a reason for this question? Has anyone also had this request? and does it mean anything at all? (probably standard for the school but would like to know)

We intend to e-mail this info tomorrow but would appreciate any advice or comments on this.
Cheers Moscow
Moscow
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Moscow

I see no good reason why they should ask for this information, if this is an appeal solely against non-qualification.

Perhaps you have no objection to giving the information, but you could, if you so wished, ring them up and ask what relevance it has to your appeal! How can the school offered have anything to do with the merits of your appeal against non-qualification?
Etienne
Moscow

Post by Moscow »

Thanks Etienne. I agree, why would they ask at this stage? I expected them to perhaps ask at the appeal but am worried what they will make of the offer we have received.

May be a phone call is the answer.

Thanks again for the advice
Moscow
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now