Advice appreciated

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MrsM17

Advice appreciated

Post by MrsM17 »

Good evening,

My DD scored 333 in the Kent test but was 5 points below in the English part of the exam. HT appealed and was unsuccessful but we have his full support for appeal. I have a DD already in year 7 at the school. How likely are we to be successful?

Thank you
Last edited by MrsM17 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mad?

Re: Advice appreciated

Post by mad? »

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your news. I'm sure one of our experts will be along in due course but in the meantime have you read the appeals guidance and Q & A? Academic evidence is key so concentrate on gathering this at the moment. It might help if you highlight which school/s you are targeting in Kent.
mad?
MrsM17

Post by MrsM17 »

Thank you for your reply. I have read through the Q&A's and written down some tips from it. I've written my appeal letter and i'm in contact with our HT and Head of KS2 and their both being very supportive. They agree that my daughter is of Grammar ability.
MrsM17

Post by MrsM17 »

Sorry forgot to add WGSG.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

MrsM17 wrote:I have read through the Q&A's and written down some tips from it.
Well done! :)
How likely are we to be successful?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's no easy answer - there are too many variables.
Moreover, we don't know how the headteacher will word his support:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b41" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What evidence will he put forward to convince the panel that the English result was a blip?
Etienne
MrsM17

Post by MrsM17 »

Hi Etienne,

I will take a look at these links and I will speak with him regarding what he will be putting forward to explain it was a blip.

I do feel that the grief we had as a family followed by lockdown did effect my daughter but I do understand that it's her ability they will be interested in so I will make sure we have evidence to show this.

Do you know if the appeals will be done via zoom/skpye?

Thank you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

MrsM17 wrote: Do you know if the appeals will be done via zoom/skpye?
Thank you
There's no single county wide system in Kent - appeal procedures during covid-19 were decided last year "on an individual school basis".
Nearer the date of your appeal, when firm decisions have been taken for the summer term 2021, I would expect the exact details to be sent to you for the school in question.
Etienne
MrsM17

Post by MrsM17 »

Thank you Etienne. Would you mind taking a look at my letter to see if you can give me any pointers?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

MrsM17 wrote:Thank you Etienne. Would you mind taking a look at my letter to see if you can give me any pointers?
We can't offer a private service, I'm afraid, but happy to try and help with anything posted on the forum.

(What really matters is the evidence - not what you write.)
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now