inconsistent information given by primary school - help!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bougalou

inconsistent information given by primary school - help!

Post by Bougalou »

Hello all,
Some of you will be aware of our predicament with our DD and misleading info given by school. We have been working on our appeal case and now have the support of the primary school, although we have been wary of this, given the initial circumstances.
I had to speak to the HT because she had pulled DD out of class to ask her about school preferences, out of school activities etc, and DD was extremely anxious about this, and thought she was in trouble (needs some warning - emotionally is like a much younger child.) Anyway, I knew it would have been a supportive meeting, and asked the Head what had been said so that I could reassure DD that she was not in trouble etc. Youngest DD was lurking behind me at the time, trying to listen in on the conversation. Head Teacher looked beyond me, rubbed youngest on shoulder and said, "don't worry, it'll be alright." - I had to explain that this was not the daughter who was going to secondary school next time, it was all a bit embarrassing. Any way, this provides the context for the next surprise. You may remember that what triggered our anxiety were the standardised scores, predicted SATs levels and letter of commendation for the comprehensive school ( the teacher would not give us these until they had had the Head's approval.) We have used these in our appeal and enclosed them. I have now received the Head Teacher's report which although is very supportive, includes some inaccuracies, - represented the school on many occasions - she hasn't - has an anxiety disorder which has made this impossible until this last year, when we are very pleased to see that she has been able to join in more. But more worryingly, the statistics are different. The stats given to us two weeks ago show predicted SATs levless of 5a for English and Science and 5c for Maths. The Head teacher's report shows 4a for Maths. This has been sent off to the panel. We will try to see the HT next week to discuss this matter, but does anyone have any advice in the mean time?
Bouga
watdad

Post by watdad »

Have you sent the evidence?

If not I would hold off until a later date when you are happy with it. I can submit the letter from the school on the day if you wish, just be sure you take a lot of copies with you!
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

No I have no advice. I am sorry I do not follow much of your post. No I don't remember your previous thread to which I presume you are referring. And I cannot find it as you give no reference to it.

What are you appealing about and why, and what advice do you want for the next week?

Good luck.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Thanks both,
Watdad, have already sent first lot of evidence off as appeal is next week. If HT makes changes, will ask her to send off asap on Monday.
Perplexed. - Apologies, first thread was Can anyone help us? I'm sorry if I didn't make much sense, have found this forum really useful and needed to blow off steam this morning as OH was in London, and had noone to talk to.
Basically was given inaccurate information about DD before school choice was made. This has now been confirmed as being almost the exact opposite of what was said in October. Have sent in an appeal with statistical info produced by the primary school which is different to the information in the Head Teacher's report, even though she apparently checked the first lot.
If I'm still talking gobbledegook please ignore me.
Bouga
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now