Urmston Grammar School - how long does the Local Review take

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mbrenno84

Urmston Grammar School - how long does the Local Review take

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Submitted my Local Review on the 4th December. Received acknowledgement through email on the 7th December.

Does anyone have experience of the Urmston Local Review process? How long does it take? I want to to find out if there's any chance of getting a response before Christmas, just another week of schools being open.

I saw 10 days quoted somewhere but I may have imagined it.
Rhubarb

Re: Urmston Grammar School - how long does the Local Review

Post by Rhubarb »

Hi, I don’t think they have published how long it will take. Although on 17th December all schools will be submitting their first draft to Trafford Council. I think it would make sense that they know who is successful by then, so I’m hoping they let parents know the outcome at a similar time.

This is from page 23 in their transferring to secondary school booklet.
Trafford sends applications, including those received from other authorities, to academies/foundation/voluntary aided schools.
29 November or next working day

Academies/foundation/voluntary aided schools to return ranked data.
17 December or next working day

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mbrenno84

Re: Urmston Grammar School - how long does the Local Review

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Rhubarb wrote:Hi, I don’t think they have published how long it will take. Although on 17th December all schools will be submitting their first draft to Trafford Council. I think it would make sense that they know who is successful by then, so I’m hoping they let parents know the outcome at a similar time.

This is from page 23 in their transferring to secondary school booklet.
Trafford sends applications, including those received from other authorities, to academies/foundation/voluntary aided schools.
29 November or next working day

Academies/foundation/voluntary aided schools to return ranked data.
17 December or next working day

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... pectus.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks. I'll be watching my post. Sent you a PM.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now