Oversubscription appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: Oversubscription appeal

Post by Etienne »

saida81 wrote:I'm so exhausted I don't know if I could go through with this all again.
I sympathise - but you can make a complaint without much effort, just to keep your options open. You don't have to go through another appeal even if one is offered. If your child is happily settled, you probably wouldn't want to. On the other hand, you might feel differently.
Would it just be a call to the ESFA or a proper complaint?
A formal written complaint.
D6 (25):
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/ombudsman#d6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Having submitted the complaint, it's unlikely you would have anything else to do, apart from agreeing a summary that the ESFA will send. There's no 'hearing' of the complaint.
And if they upheld it I guess I could be offered another appeal but it would be weeks or months away?
Months usually. Most likely September/October.
Etienne
saida81

Re: Oversubscription appeal

Post by saida81 »

From a bit of googling I can see one member definitely had 3 children at the school appealed and another had possibly 2,and these 2 members also know each other, that doesn't appear very independent. Would it be worth asking the clerk if they were aware of this? They were down as people with special interest but have not been told what this was. If a complaint was upheld would they have to redo everyone's appeal? I don't think I am going to complain but I'm interested in people's view of this.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now