CHB Oversubscription Appeal 2021

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Etienne

Re: CHB Oversubscription Appeal 2021

Post by Etienne »

KenR wrote:I would focus on the fact that the KE Foundation have stated on many occasions that they intended the 2021 Admissions Policy to guarantee that all local children in catchment (Cat 4) who achieved the priority score [your child] would be offered a place in the school. They also wanted to strongly discourage children from having to travel long distances to a KE Grammar school.
A good point.
You cannot challenge the admission arrangements (so long as they are lawful and have been correctly applied), but you could make this a main argument under the heading "Reasons for wanting a place".
Etienne
Ummeesa2010

Post by Ummeesa2010 »

I really appreciate all the responses I have received.
I will try and draft something without being complacent about the allocation process and trying to use the points that have been mentioned. I can see that the whole appeals process is incredibly stringent.
With it being the first time I am going through this process, at the time I had thought that the biggest hurdle was for my son to actually achieve the qualifying score!! After watching the open day videos and looking at the website, I had assumed that generally all cat 4 students are offered places but I know that there are no guarantees.
I hope I have a strong enough appeal.
Thanks again
MrMZ

Post by MrMZ »

Hello
I hope you don't mind me asking you what is your child's number on the waiting list? Im thinking Camp Hill doesnt have so much movement this year and I think my distance is further. Waiting very anxiously. Thank you and good luck
Ummeesa2010

Post by Ummeesa2010 »

Hi,
I asked the Foundation Office last week and I have been told that he is now 5th on the waiting list. Have you enquired about your sons place on the waiting list?