Currently allocated school

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sorhxm

Currently allocated school

Post by sorhxm »

Dear moderates ,I’m new to this forum,as one of my friend is going to have her appeal soon,she has a question that,do panel members know the school has been allocated to the child currently.Thankx
Etienne

Re: Currently allocated school

Post by Etienne »

sorhxm wrote:Dear moderates ,I’m new to this forum,as one of my friend is going to have her appeal soon,she has a question that,do panel members know the school has been allocated to the child currently.Thankx
Refer your friend to our Q&As.
Hope this helps.
    • It is difficult to say whether the panel will be given information by the admission authority about preferences or the allocated school. In the case of an LA panel hearing appeals for a community school, or hearing appeals on behalf of an academy, it is quite likely. I would have thought that panels for own-admission authority schools running their own appeals may be less likely to know (although the LA might make the information available for the purposes of an appeal).
      You are entitled to get exactly the same papers as the appeal panel and the presenting officer a week or so before the hearing, so you will be able to see what information, if any, is included.
      Even if the panel has been given no information about your preferences or allocated school in the appeal papers, be prepared for the possibility that they might ask you about them (and about other appeals).

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now