Headteacher letter

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Eb12080

Headteacher letter

Post by Eb12080 »

I have looked and can’t find the answer so I apologise in advance.

I’m appealing due to oversubscription (I actually put this school lower down on the SCAF) but have changed my mind since so appealing for a place.

Do I need a headteacher letter for oversubscription. As she passed the test, they know her ability etc - the head is also new so doesn’t really know my daughter.

Any advice would be great!

Thank youuuuu
Etienne

Re: Headteacher letter

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
Eb12080 wrote:the head is also new so doesn’t really know my daughter.
Headteachers often rely on the Y5/Y6 class teacher for their information.
Eb12080 wrote:Do I need a headteacher letter for oversubscription. As she passed the test, they know her ability
No, it's not necessary, unless perhaps:
(a) places have been allocated in score order, and you want to argue that your child - though qualified - was expected to score more highly
or
(b) the school is in a position to support one or more of your reasons for wanting a place
    • For example, there might be strong evidence from the primary school .... that (1) there is a history of the child having been seriously bullied, (2) all the bullies will be going to the allocated school, and (3) this is a vulnerable child who needs the support of friends, all of whom will be going to the school being appealed for.
      See C2 (vi):
      https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Eb12080

Post by Eb12080 »

Hi - Just to let anyone reading know - I decided to get a headteacher's letter as I could then use it to indicate that I had the school's support to appeal.

We found out this week that the appeal had been successful and she starts at a Kent Grammar in September.

I read the forum notes which helped, and just made sure that I had a clear case which was evidenced throughout.

Good luck - it's stressful and time consuming, but worth it if successul
East-West Parenting

Post by East-West Parenting »

Eb12080 wrote:Hi - Just to let anyone reading know - I decided to get a headteacher's letter as I could then use it to indicate that I had the school's support to appeal.

We found out this week that the appeal had been successful and she starts at a Kent Grammar in September.

I read the forum notes which helped, and just made sure that I had a clear case which was evidenced throughout.

Good luck - it's stressful and time consuming, but worth it if successul
Excellent news. Well done.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Well done!
Delighted to hear your news. :D

Would you consider adding to the feedback thread? it can be very helpful for parents in future:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =35&t=9205" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne