Buckinghamshire Review

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Midnight0979

Buckinghamshire Review

Post by Midnight0979 »

Hi

I wanted to find out whether there is anything else I would need to add to strengthen my sons review/ need to include. He obtained 119. He has been identified as a 1:1 by head teacher and we will have their support. He has been working at GDS for Maths, Reading and Writing all of his time at primary school. He is expected to be working at GDS at end of year 6. He has been in top set for maths and English at a high performing school and has been identified as an able/ gifted student with stretch work in Maths, literacy and reading from yr 4. I have noted that this is done on academic ability only- is there anything that I have missed? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Etienne

Re: Buckinghamshire Review

Post by Etienne »

Midnight0979 wrote:I wanted to find out whether there is anything else I would need to add to strengthen my sons review/ need to include. He obtained 119. He has been identified as a 1:1 by head teacher and we will have their support. He has been working at GDS for Maths, Reading and Writing all of his time at primary school. He is expected to be working at GDS at end of year 6. He has been in top set for maths and English at a high performing school and has been identified as an able/ gifted student with stretch work in Maths, literacy and reading from yr 4. I have noted that this is done on academic ability only- is there anything that I have missed? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Welcome! :)

It's looking quite good.
Have you checked with E32 (b)?
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... aneous#e32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Midnight0979

Post by Midnight0979 »

Thank you- we have been through the information- Is it worth including all his reports from Y3 onwards? I have looked and it is mentioned the speed of review is quick so do not want to overload them but still want to present a strong case. In our case it was the NVR score which was the issue- is it worth emphasizing his strength in maths and verbal?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Midnight0979 wrote:Thank you- we have been through the information- Is it worth including all his reports from Y3 onwards? I have looked and it is mentioned the speed of review is quick so do not want to overload them but still want to present a strong case.
Probably overkill - I don't think they would thank you for giving them so much reading to do, unless it really adds something significant to what is already on the headteacher's review form. :?
It might be worth including the Y5 report if it supports your case.
In our case it was the NVR score which was the issue- is it worth emphasizing his strength in maths and verbal?
I don't think so - they will have no difficulty seeing that for themselves.

The only way to counter the NVR specifically, would be with a high CAT NVR score (I assume the school doesn't do CATs?), or an educational psychologist's report (which might be problematic timewise).
Instead, I think you'll probably have to rely on the excellent record of overall high achievement (the implication being that NVR was just a blip!).
Etienne