Brackenboo oversubscription

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brackenboo

Brackenboo oversubscription

Post by Brackenboo »

Our Ds narrowly missed out on a place at our chosen grammar on allocation day. They went to 787 and he ranked 792.

We are going on the waiting list, but I'm going to start collating information for an appeal. As we are looking at over-subscription what kind of evidence do I need to collate from his primary school.

His sister is at the school and we don't have extenuating circumstances other than that he is an anxious child and was having pastoral support at the time. So that and sibling pressure may have made him underperform.

In terms of reason for the school we have sibling support, excellent pastoral support, high sports focus. Just trying to think what else would be good to include
scary mum

Re: Brackenboo oversubscription

Post by scary mum »

Sorry to hear your news, Brackenboo.
As you know, today is very busy, but I suggest you start here and then come back to us with any questions.
scary mum
icantthinkofagoodone

Post by icantthinkofagoodone »

Form school - Year 4 and 5 school reports showing greater depth throughout. Predicted SAT grades from the primary school and any actual mock SAT results. This needs to be on headed paper from the school. Any CAT scores if his primary does them.

Details of any pastoral support offered, again, on headed paper from the pastoral care team or from the HT or his class teacher.

From you - solid reasons why you think he messed up on the day. Why this is the best school for him.

Don't over think it, and don't send in random certificates he got in KS1 for catching a beanbag!
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Thanks..

Swiftly removes his nursery certificate for most bounces in a minute
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to the forum! :)

See also:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(There seems to be an error with the link you were given further up.)
Etienne
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Have you emailed the school to ask how far down they went on reallocation day and then off the waiting list by September and December? In terms of ranks and number of children? I’m so gutted for you as he was so close and ok in previous years.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thanks Etienne. Link coorected now (that's what comes of doing it on my phone!)
scary mum
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Have you emailed the school to ask how far down they went on reallocation day and then off the waiting list by September and December? In terms of ranks and number of children? I’m so gutted for you as he was so close and ok in previous years.
Last year everyone in the list got in (but they went to 796). The year before 10 were left, but they ranked till 850 rather than 800
ASHAZ

Post by ASHAZ »

@brackenboo

we will go on to appeal for marlings, let keep in touch as we will be doing the oversubscription appeal too, we had slight extenuating circumstances as we both parents worked as a front line worker and left home for period of 3 weeks /month at a time due to covid. i am hoping that this is enough to proof that he could have performed well if he will have both parents wfh
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ASHAZ wrote:@brackenboo

we will go on to appeal for marlings, let keep in touch as we will be doing the oversubscription appeal too, we had slight extenuating circumstances as we both parents worked as a front line worker and left home for period of 3 weeks /month at a time due to covid. i am hoping that this is enough to proof that he could have performed well if he will have both parents wfh
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 63#p769263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ashaz - better if you use this thread