11+ Test Late Result : Qualified - Next steps ?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
deeps79

Re: 11+ Test Late Result : Qualified - Next steps ?

Post by deeps79 »

scary mum wrote:The allocations are run during the week before March 1st, so I think it was slightly unfortunate that your daighter's results only came out on the same day, there probably just wasn't time. However, I haven't seent he December cut off either, but will have another look.

Thanks Scary mum. If you come across the timeline anywhere, please share. It would help us in appeal process.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think this is what you’re after https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/451661 ... -final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I don't think the timeline mentions late sitting of the 11 plus, does it? Just late applications.
I also noted from that document that the lists of pupils go the secondary schools on 16 January for ranking for places, so this would have been much to early for your DD.
scary mum
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Sorry I didn’t read through it but once you reach the final deadline (for applications to be considered on time) the process is locked in place in order to process and exchange the information.

Changing anything after the deadline would cause problems that would be felt in other LAs. I think the whole system would collapse!
deeps79

Post by deeps79 »

Thanks Mitasol and Scarymum

The link clears few facts but as Scarymum pointed out it doesnt talk about late test.

Here are some facts then :-
  • Council agreed for late test before 31st Oct.
    CAF was submitted on time (31st Oct)
    council didnt mail anything on late test, we finally approached them in Jan 2nd week considering 1st Mar timeline and they finally took test after multiple reminders in mid feb.
Please correct me but i see a gap in the policy for these kind of cases when CAF was submitted but test was delayed unless term "Application" also means only qualified application in case of grammar school which is not as per definition in document.

Maybe its my cognitive bias :(

Would it be a good idea to highlight all above during appeal process ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think it would be because there was no results of the 11 plus by December 31st so wasn't an on time application for the grammar schools as she wasn't qualified. I can move this thread to the appeals section if you would like me to.
scary mum
deeps79

Post by deeps79 »

scary mum wrote:I think it would be because there was no results of the 11 plus by December 31st so wasn't an on time application for the grammar schools as she wasn't qualified. I can move this thread to the appeals section if you would like me to.
Sure, that would be great. Thanks a lot.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Deep79 - where did your DD take the 11 plus test at the beginning of February?
deeps79

Post by deeps79 »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi Deep79 - where did your DD take the 11 plus test at the beginning of February?
Hi Hermanmunster
She took it in Buckingham at her primary school. Council arranged to get that done in her school itself.

Is that of any consequence ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think that some people take the late test in the primary school and some in centres set up by the LEA - I was just wondering of that had any impact on the timing of the test / results getting through

Have you got any paperwork / correspondence about the timing of the test? If so the Mods would be happy to have a look at it - I can send you an e-mail address for our "appeals box" via private message - also might be useful if there was a bit of a timeline eg when was the test requested (and who requested it) and when it was agreed by the LEA etc

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now