Slough Appeal 2021

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hounslow_18

Slough Appeal 2021

Post by hounslow_18 »

Hi, Need some guidance please regarding the appeal letter which I am preparing for my DS.

His situation is he did not qualify for Slough by 1 mark but cleared Bucks with good marks. We had some horrific extenuating circumstances in the lead up to 11+ exams and as a result his performance was not that consistent in the exams. To appeal as a Non Qualification due to extenuating circumstances, I have also got a letter from school as academic evidence which i will be attaching.

we only listed one Slough grammar school in CAF as I was worried that we may not even get an ok local secondary school hence rest of the 5 schools was local schools. We ended up getting last preference as per CAF which is not that great but at least better in the sense that a random school was not allocated.

I have some questions regarding contents of appeal letter and I could use really some help with this. I have gone through the FAQ for appeals section including formats of letters present but still need some guidance.

Please can anyone help with this by contacting me privately and discuss my queries.

Many thanks.
Etienne

Re: Slough Appeal 2021

Post by Etienne »

Hi

Moderators normally give advice only on the forum in order to help as many members as possible.
(Obviously you can only post as much private information as you feel comfortable sharing.)
some horrific extenuating circumstances
Very sorry to hear this, but for an appeal what really counts is the academic evidence (if it's strong enough)
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... cation#b11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and good reasons for needing a place:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now