Help with Appeal panel...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jennette

Help with Appeal panel...

Post by jennette »

I have just had an appeal for 1 grammar sch and have had the letter from the KCC saying they cannot offer my son a place... I have another appeal for a more local grammar next week, I have strong evidence that my son is suitable for a GS place however this did not help sercure a place at Dover, I have HT support appeal letter predicted SATS of level 5c's and already level 5 in 2 subjects, these also hard copies which i included in my appeal to LEA,
my son missed passing the kent test by 11 marks and 3 marks for the dover grammar, and both in maths, his maths predictions are 5c he passed verbal and non verbal and this shows natural ability to support grammar sch place,
I really need good advice on what i can do more for the appeal next week as this is my last chance to get my son a place at 1 of the schools he wants,
know one warned me how stressful this all is,
jennette x
heronsfly

Post by heronsfly »

Hi
I really have no advice,but feel the same as you,I had an appeal on wednesday that I really dont think will be upheld,and the last one next week.
I really cant work out what the magic formula is, I feel that I messed up when the panel questioned me,now I know what i should have said,but I bet the next panel ask compleatly diffrent questions,good luck,you are not alone.
jennette

Post by jennette »

hi
thank you for your reply, I just can't see what else i can do or say, the worse thing for me is his first appeal went really well, even the head teacher from the grammar i was appealing for spoke well and stated that my son has natural ability and the right SATs to support a grammar school place, but any advice you have would be greatly received, i do think that prehaps the school offered would be better for him as it is showing great potenial and longer school hours which means he does his homework in school, and that must reflect well on pupils GSE's, but he wants to go to the grammar school so much, I wish you well and anything i can share i gladly will.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Have you read all the Q&As?

For general advice B10-11 might be of interest.

If oversubscription is also being considered, see C2.

Lots of other information as well.

Regards
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now