When does an appeal panel actually make it's decisions?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear jaya

An interesting question!

I do sympathise, but, if this were to happen, the clerk is bound to report it to the appeals team, who will then inform the panel that the evidence has already been ruled inadmissible and they should take no account of it.

Although the LA representative will be present if the letter is handed over in this way, there can be no discussion of mum 1's case in her absence, and in the presence of another mum!

I think it likely that the panel will accept the reasons why the evidence can not be admissible.

My guess - and it is only my view - is that the panel would not blame mum 1 for trying, and I would not expect them to let this influence their judgement one way or another.
Etienne
jaya

Post by jaya »

Dear Etienne,

Thank you for your advise, I have just heard, mum1 has sent the letter. Mum2 was apprehensive about this so said not sure if she will hand in the letter. Will let you know what happens. :?: :?:

Many thanks.
jaya

Post by jaya »

Dear Etienne,

To give an update - the letter was handed in at the end of the appeal - an hour later mum had call from BCC to advise that the clerk handed in the letter and the panel did not open it. It has been sent back unopened!!!!!!

I wonder what would have happened if there was no refence on the envelope to say whose appeal the letter relates to - they would have to have opened it to find out????????

Anyway not worth going down this route...........Both mum's are waiting for results of appeal now.

Thanks.