YIPPEE

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dartford Dad

YIPPEE

Post by Dartford Dad »

Yippee.

We have just received the appeal results and our Daughter has been awarded a place at Wilmington Girls.

We have been excited waiting for the results, as we thought our appeal on the 2nd went very well, and we were encouraged by the immediate responces of both the Panel and the Head. We must have done well as She was awarded 1 of 15 places and there were 99 appeals.

THIS RESULT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE HELP AND ADVICE RECEIVED FROM THIS SITE.

Thanks to this site and its members our Daughter will now receive a Grammar School education.

My Wife and I would like to Thank all who offered help and encouragement.

Thanks again
One very happy Dartford Dad + Mum
And Daughter
mumsy

Post by mumsy »

Hi Dartford Dad,

Just to say very well done!!

Unfortunately, we had our results from wilmington today and we did not have the appeal upheld, despite my daughter having 5C's & B's is all subjects presently and predicted B's/A's, and a daughter in sixth form and older daughter who attended. Would be curious to ask what line of appeal you went down, as we now have to appeal at dartford GS in June. My letter stated that the letters from the school was "reported" academic ability (letters of support from HT and class Teacher) and that there was no evidence to say why she failed the maths (3 marks below pass), despite having 5C in maths.

Sorry to pick your brain, and I know you are probably still celebrating, but would really appreciate your thoughts.

Kind regards

Mumsy
Bromley

Post by Bromley »

Great news Dartford Dad!

I can share half your joy with you too. We appealed for our twin daughters and one got a place - we did say we were happy for them to be considered as separate cases.

My heart is breaking for the other girl though. her marks were lower but the deputy head of teh school did give some misleading replies during her appeal which i followed up with a letter hand delivered the next day. I'm sitting here feeling that my follow up was too little too late but at the time i knew nothing about SAT scores. See here for more info:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=6534

anyway, well done to all who win, and to those who didn't keep your spirits up!

We would also like to add, like Dartford Dad, that this site and everyone's support has been invaluable. Thank you all.