King Edward VI, Aston. Appeal Date Thursday 12th June, 2008

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jacknicmeg

Post by Jacknicmeg »

I understand the above which, in example makes sense all bar the first bit, the Panel decieded and agreed that the school was fulk then admitted a candidate on appeal...?
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Yes, it does mean that.

The school has to take the child (whose appeal the panel allowed) even though it is fu11. It has no choice.
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Will Jack be going to his new school with any of his current classmates?
How does he feel about his prospective new school?
Sometimes our DC surprise us and adapt better than we could ever dare hope!
Good Luck.
KenR

Post by KenR »

There is always natural wastage anyway with parents and children moving away from the area for business or personal reasons. If the school is oversubscribed against it's PAN, then it just means there will be less places available for those moving into the area and taking a mid year entry test.

It's interesting that a couple of years ago KE Camp Hill made 124 offers for only officially 93 places on the PAN and I'm pretty sure that there were not 31 rejections.
Jacknicmeg

Post by Jacknicmeg »

Lets see what happens, we have him on the waiting list from September so fingers once again are crossed!

Thank you to everyone though for support and kind words!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

you sound better, Scott. :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you didn't tear your hair out this lunch time despite how you felt.

(I did it once before and it didn't look pretty.)

:lol: Keep going!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Just reading some of your posts on here today LBSWM and they are truly lovely. I'm sure everyone is grateful for your kind words and support. :)
Jacknicmeg

Post by Jacknicmeg »

I’m good, just came as a shock that someone else was celebrating this weekend and it wasn’t me! I did suggest to the Foundation that they don’t post letters on a Friday, receiving the bad news on Saturday done my weekend as you could probably tell!

The foundation office did however say that from all the appellants Jacks was one of the highest scores but wouldn't go into any other details, led and said in a manner that the accepted pupil may have had an exceptional circumstance and if that honest and genuine then I wish the boy the very best and hope he uses the sought after place to its advantage! I mean after all, if Jack was successful I would be on cloud 9 so swings and roundabouts I guess.

As I said before Jack is expecting to go to Park Hall in September as we have done most of this behind closed doors but he's switched on and I know secretly he is expecting dad to say guess what son..... I'm just hurt that I cant do that but yes, Jack is a very able boy and whatever his mother and I will support him after all, I’d give both my legs for jack as I'm sure each and everyone of you would for your children.

Furthermore I think the reply from the moderator helped, (sorry I can’t remember your name as I have to go back and will lose all this text if I do!) Enabling us to look at things from the angle of the panel. At least we know now mom and I what to expect when we go through this entire trauma again in a few years for Jacks sisters, Megan and Amber!

On a final thought - does anyone know if the waiting list for grammars re-set in September?
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Jacknicmeg wrote: On a final thought - does anyone know if the waiting list for grammars re-set in September?
I think you'd need to check with the school - I know at my DD's school they do reset the list and you have to let them know if you wish to remain on the waiting list.

Best of luck to you and Jack.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Scott

I've sent you a PM.

I do agree with the advice others have given you above.

Regards
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now