ESSEX 11+ appeals process

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

Hi
i have been able to get some confirmation off my doctors , do i need to submit this at the appeal or has it got to be sent in to them in advance?

Post by Guest »

I would submit as additional info before your appeal. All the paperwork is sent out to the panel members 7 days before the appeal for them to look at. I suspect that in many cases the panel have already decided a childs fate before the appeal itself and will then ask questions of the parents based on that decision to support it.
sleepless

Appeals - Essex

Post by sleepless »

If you are out there Yvonne, did you appeal and how did it go?
nuthan

grammer school

Post by nuthan »

Iam from norwich and we do not have a single grammer school here. Iam planning to apply to colchester grammer school. But god knows how to travel from here. Any suggestions? Please help me
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Hi Nuthan

Have a look on the CSSE (Consortium of Selective schools Essex) website under transport, see if they have an transport going from your way. If not I don't know what the trains are like.

Post by Guest »

Hi Nuthan,

It must be 50 miles plus between Norwich and Colchester isn't it. Surely that is way to far to be travelling to Secondary school. Surely there has to be some sort of limit on travel!

You need to check if they have a catchment area at least.
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Essex Grammer schools definately do not have any catchment area, but if it is 50 miles to travel, that is certainly a long way. When we were looking at schools, we set out a 10 miles radius. It certainly takes alot out of the child if they have to do alot of travelling.
Essex Girl

Travel times to Essex grammars

Post by Essex Girl »

One of my children travels just under 20 miles each way. It is far enough. I don't want to seem rude but 50 miles or so is just ridiculous. I understand that Norwich has some excellent independents (many of which used to be grammars) but there surely must be decent comprehensives somewhere. Which comp is your catchment school?

Let me advise you very strongly against travelling such a long way to school.
Essex um

Post by Essex um »

Glad to see there are still people reading the Essex site. I thought everyone must have gone to sleep after the 11+!
pcn

Essex

Post by pcn »

I must be a bit sad but I read most sites... you never know what you can learn from other areas..I'm from Berks area!!