reviews in medway

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

coffeebean

reviews in medway

Post by coffeebean »

hi ,
I have been reading some of the very valid threads here regarding appeals, however are there any tips or advice for reviews please? My daughter missed the pass mark by 16 points and i want to go to review but as i have been advised there wont be much hope to succeeding as its so many marks from the pass.

I have written my review letter to submit but we are very nervous about the whole thing, my daughters work is of good standard but she has suffered a few inconsistency's on the year five and early year 6 because her brother has been undergoing assessment for behavior problems and quite a lot of the violence has been channeled at her which has brought her emotional state to a real low during this time. Which has effected some of her class work.

He has now been diagnosed with aspergers and ASD behavior problems and im working with the school and other organizations to get things under control, but i feel it maybe too late for my daughter to gain any ground for a place in a Grammar School.

Please any advise would be fantastic.
:)
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Hi Coffeebean
I have pm'd you.
Regards
red_debs
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

coffeebean

I'm assuming you've read the sticky about reviews at the top of the page?
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Mitasol has helpfully pointed out in the Medway section that Medway reviews are narrowly based.
If your child underperformed on the day but otherwise has a brilliant portfolio of work at school and has school support - then a review may be a good option.
If you want to supply other non-academic evidence, extenuating circumstances, then an appeal (without review) may be a better option.
This looks to me to be very sound advice.
Your child’s primary school will be asked to provide work in maths, science and English and this will be reviewed by a panel. Supplementary material supplied by parents or other agencies will not be admissible. [Medway secondary schools guide]
I repeat the warning given in the Appeals sticky about LA reviews:
Important! Where a local review has taken place, your rights could be seriously curtailed because the Code now says that, provided the review was fair, consistent and objective, no other issues can be considered at appeal.
Etienne