Again another 118 score

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

NORA

Again another 118 score

Post by NORA »

Hi I wonder if you can help me I have been actively reviewing this forum since the weekend and i would like to ask the following question.

We are appealing with HT backing "saying strongly support this appeal". Our childs results were 118 and then 114 we do have exceptional circumstances but I am uncomfortable about airing them publicly.
Predicted sats scores are all 5's and the NFER score was 125. Recomendation Potential = 2 & Attitude to work = 1.

Without going into detail do we stand a good chance with these scores?

t has provided me with a littel comfort in knowing that I am not the only one going through this
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Looking at the information you have provided, Nora, I would say you have at least a 50% chance.

The appeal panel, of course, will take its decision on your case as a whole.
Etienne
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Nora

If you would like to discuss the mitigating circumstances with me via Private Message, I am happy to help you with that part of the case in confidence.

Just click on the button at the bottom of this post that says "PM". (It does exactly what it says on the tin. :) )

Sally-Anne
nicaukids

Post by nicaukids »

Hi Nora
We were in your position last year with DS's 118 / 112.
Full support from H/T & 2/1 rating. He got very high level 5 SATs.

Went through the ordeal of selection appeal.... and were unsuccessful in spite of mitigating health problems.

Our DS is at local comp (now Y7) and it was evident within first few weeks that he is working way beyound their top level class.

I would recommend going for appeal - and if it fails... there's always 12+... Roll on February 09 for our 12+ test, then the wait for results, then [hopefully] the wait for allocations and if necessary... another round of appeals. :(
Good luck with your choice.
Nicky & Kids
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now