Computer marking

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gilcrist

Computer marking

Post by gilcrist »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Thank you very much indeed for your reply to my earlier post.

As mentioned my son's top score was 118. From what he had reported back from that test (he thought that he only didn't know the answers to three questions, which was sicnificantly better than in the previous actual test or practice tests) we therefore expected him to pass. Another child has told him at school today that he is to have his test(s) marked again by hand and my son has asked if this is possible for him. I have asked him why and he believes that some of his markings on his answer sheet may have extended outside of the answer boxes and may have been mismarked by the computer.

So my question is, can we have his test marked again by hand?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this question.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi gilcris

Firstly, could I please ask you to stick to one thread for posts about your case? It helps us to keep track of the full picture, and is effectively your own "11+ Q&A section". Thank you! Just for my own reference - and for others if they wish to follow the case - the original thread is here:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=8302

You can certainly apply for a manual re-mark. Simply email Admissions and they will advise you how to proceed from there. There may be a slight delay in replying because this week is incredibly hectic for them.

If your son's marks were in the box, but extended beyond it, the computer will still have picked them up. It is only if they were not in the box at all that there is a problem.

I have to warn you not to put too much store by the result of the re-mark though - the computer has proved to be very accurate since it was introduced.

Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now