Trafford Appeal Success?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

saletraffordmum

Post by saletraffordmum »

Had the appeal - !!!! What can I say, the LEA person was a sour faced so and so!! but appeal panel really nice and calming. Was a complete nervous wreck. It is in the lap of the gods now, I realise that my child was over 20 marks off but I hope that they take into account everything that was said by myself and the letter of support from the head. If a place is not given, it is not the end of the world, we have tried and I know that wherever my child goes they will do well.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

A great attitude to take, saletraffordmum, and well done on surviving the ordeal.

I'm glad the panel were much nicer than the LA rep!

Sally-Anne
saletraffordmum

To Salemum

Have you heard anything yet, my child's friend was unsuccessful - he was 15 off, so I am really not too hopeful now!
SALEMUM

Post by SALEMUM »

Dear, Saletraffordmum,
No I have not heard a thing, they told us at the appeal that we would hear at the end of the week, but no news! This is now worse than waiting for the results, glad you found the panel approachable, We were worried because they did not ask any questions, we had spent all night rehersing what to say.
Good Luck, let me know.
SALEMUM

Post by SALEMUM »

Sorry, I ment to ask, when was the other child,s hearing? and when did they get their letter?
saletraffordmum

Dear Salemum

Not really sure, trying to get info out of my child!!!!! And I know what mean - more nervous re the appeal than the actual 11+!!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

saletraffordmum wrote:It is in the lap of the gods now
Well, that's a lovely way to refer to appeal panel members. You're absolutely spot on :D
Capers
Lassie

Post by Lassie »

capers - you are so lovely!
SALEMUM

Post by SALEMUM »

Fantastic news today, got home from work letter had arrived, worse than opening the results... We have been successful. We feel like we have been to **** and back these last few weeks, but worth it now.
This site is brilliant, the advice you all give is so valuble and it helped us to prepare a good case.
Thank you so much to the Appeal forum advisors, and Good Luck to everyone appealing, just do not give up.
brooklandsmum

Post by brooklandsmum »

hi sale mum
so glad they got in, our turn tomorrow...failed by 5 so fingers crossed,