overjoyed with the boy

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

capers123

Post by capers123 »

Hope wrote:Neither of us are used to speaking in front of people so were very very nervous. I think ambridge's advice is really good. I read my letter to the panel, they asked us some questions.
Maybe it's better if you don't think of it as giving a presentation as such - more of coming in for a chat with us and the 'other side' - a slightly unusual chat, where you need some notes in front of you to remind you of the things you really want to say, and questions you might want the other side to answer. It has to slightly formal - in that we have to run appeals in such a way that both sides get to say their bit and also have time to ask each other (or us) questions.

I do the same if I've got to do an interview with one of the local radio stations - I take a list of what I really need to say, then settle down for a nice natter with the person sat the other side of the desk, and ignore the microphone pointing at me. If I tried to present or sell the event or organisation I'm there to promote, I'd stumble over the words & get my knickers in a right twist!
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now