Info re appeals process Crypt school Glos

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kendogirl

Info re appeals process Crypt school Glos

Post by Kendogirl »

Hi

My son has achieved a score of 2 points below the Crypt threshold for this year's intake. I have been advised that we might be able to win a place on appeal. However, I gather Crypt has its own, slightly different appeals process which involves an interview and/or a re-test? Does anyone have recent experience of going through this with Crypt? Many thanks.
Louise
capers123

Re: Info re appeals process Crypt school Glos

Post by capers123 »

Kendogirl wrote:My son has achieved a score of 2 points below the Crypt threshold for this year's intake. I have been advised that we might be able to win a place on appeal. However, I gather Crypt has its own, slightly different appeals process which involves an interview and/or a re-test? Does anyone have recent experience of going through this with Crypt? Many thanks.
No - I have no experience of Crypt. Chat to the schools admissions officer. Whatever happens before allocation day is some knid of unusual informal process, but after allocation day, the normal appeals process will take over.

Make sure that you start gathering evidence / noting mitigating circumstances now, in case you need to go to the formal appeal.
Capers
Etienne

Re: Info re appeals process Crypt school Glos

Post by Etienne »

capers123 wrote:Whatever happens before allocation day is some knid of unusual informal process, but after allocation day, the normal appeals process will take over.
I'm sure Capers is right about this. Testing/interviewing couldn't possibly be part of the appeal - it wouldn't be legal.

Interviewing for a school place would be illegal at any point in the process!
Etienne
Kendogirl

Post by Kendogirl »

Hi

Thanks for both your replies. Have emailed the school and am awaiting a reply. Have also seen my son's teacher and she said she has known previous pupils get a place on appeal with that type of score and she has said she will provide anything she can to assist with an appeal. Before that I will go on their waiting list and just hope and pray that they were under subscribed like they were last year. Thank you again.
Louise
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi,
When my son was waiting for news of allocations in March,I emailed the admissions officer Mrs Wales may times.I found her to be extremely helpful and she always answered my verging on hysterical questions with tact and diplomacy! I am sure you will hear from her soon.

This year the school did not fill their 112 places in the 1st round of allocations,and they wrote to parents whose DS just missed the pass mark of 107.5-I know some but not all were then successful in getting an offer of a place.

Good Luck

GM