Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Again another 118 score
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:24 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:19 pm
Posts: 3
Hi I wonder if you can help me I have been actively reviewing this forum since the weekend and i would like to ask the following question.

We are appealing with HT backing "saying strongly support this appeal". Our childs results were 118 and then 114 we do have exceptional circumstances but I am uncomfortable about airing them publicly.
Predicted sats scores are all 5's and the NFER score was 125. Recomendation Potential = 2 & Attitude to work = 1.

Without going into detail do we stand a good chance with these scores?

t has provided me with a littel comfort in knowing that I am not the only one going through this

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:53 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 7493
Looking at the information you have provided, Nora, I would say you have at least a 50% chance.

The appeal panel, of course, will take its decision on your case as a whole.


 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:57 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:10 pm
Posts: 8766
Location: Buckinghamshire
Hi Nora

If you would like to discuss the mitigating circumstances with me via Private Message, I am happy to help you with that part of the case in confidence.

Just click on the button at the bottom of this post that says "PM". (It does exactly what it says on the tin. :) )


 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm 

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:15 pm
Posts: 36
Location: Bucks
Hi Nora
We were in your position last year with DS's 118 / 112.
Full support from H/T & 2/1 rating. He got very high level 5 SATs.

Went through the ordeal of selection appeal.... and were unsuccessful in spite of mitigating health problems.

Our DS is at local comp (now Y7) and it was evident within first few weeks that he is working way beyound their top level class.

I would recommend going for appeal - and if it fails... there's always 12+... Roll on February 09 for our 12+ test, then the wait for results, then [hopefully] the wait for allocations and if necessary... another round of appeals. :(
Good luck with your choice.
Nicky & Kids

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018