Appeal to come..

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JC

Appeal to come..

Post by JC »

:? Hi Hope you can help. Its highly likely that we will have to appeal for a Grammer place come early March. We have support from the head teacher and class teacher but the Head teacher appeal was not sucessful. Our DD score was NVR: 138, VR:123 and maths: 113. Her end of year results at end of Y5 were 4b/4a for maths and english 5. We think Y6 sats will be good. Our reason for worry is the gossip on the street is that because so many have done 11+ this year that the above may have been sucessful last year but much harder this year. She is a summer baby so the articles in the Times dont help our worry factor. She is a keen learner but has no other special talents say Music etc. But is feeling very left out by her sucessful peers ( all of them autumn children!) Your feedback would be welcome.
JC.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

You have a summer baby so those yr 5 grades are very good. The NVR 11+ is remarkable too and shows the your child has real potential.

I remember there being a slight change to the 11+ pass mark this year, what was it?

Also was your child tutored at all?
JC

Post by JC »

:? The pass mark for the kent test was 360, her total mark was 374! but Maths had to be 114! So you can see our frustration. She was tutored but I have to say we were fairly laid back about it as we didnt want to 'force' her ability. We'd had her assesed in Yr 4 and told that she was more than capable. We also know that had we lived in 'Kent' and not Bromley borough the tests would have been spread out over a couple of days and not 4 papers in one morning! I do think that's tough for them all especially the younger ones. JC
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Go straight for appeal.

Not sure what school you are hoping for but you have a better chance at appeal for some than at others.

What schools are you interested in?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now