Invigilator leaving the room during the exam

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

I'm hoping that by as many parents logging this as possible, even those who haven't logged a complaint may use this issue in any future appeal

What has made me more concerned is that the invigilator didn't log anything as having happened during the exam. This has lead to the head of admissions basically implying that we and our children are liars!!

I know nothing will probably make any difference for this year. What I am aiming for now is to ensure that all invigilators are properly trained and that good procedures and policies are in place, to ensure this situation doesn't arise again

Our 11+ tests are held in test centres with outside invigilators. Does anybody know what sort of training these people should undergo?

Feeling stressed............

Dougal
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thea wrote:This is very interesting - suppose all the parents appeal, because they could all reasonably argue that their child was disadvantaged by these shenanigans.
An appeal is unlikely to be decided on this one point alone. The outcome in each case would probably depend on the overall evidence (any other extenuating circumstances, how close to the qualifying score, the strength of any alternative academic evidence).
Thea wrote:Also, if they don't appeal, then the savvy ones who do will get an unfair advantage over those who don't...
Thea is right, but doesn't this apply to all appeals - and even life in general?
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now