Some of the weaker arguments used at appeal .....

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Etienne wrote:
If there's no room for an extra desk, we don't mind if he sits on a window ledge.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(How on earth did you all manage to keep straight faces for the rest of the hearing?)

Go on - you're pulling our legs now! :shock: :lol:
Marylou
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

We were "ROFL"!

It's the absolute truth!
Etienne
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I can picture the scene in the room as soon as the door closed behind the unfortunate parents.... :lol:

Oh well, as it's not April 1st I suppose we'll just have to believe you! :lol:
Marylou
MollieO

Post by MollieO »

How on earth did you keep a straight face? This has made me laugh so much I'm crying! Mind you my son is tall and very skinny but it hadn't occurred to me to check out the size of the school window ledges :D
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

At the end of what's been a dismal week for some of us, a big vote of thanks goes to Etienne for providing the biggest laugh in ages! :lol:

P.S. Got any more like that?
Marylou
forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin »

Talking of different shaped boys this may amuse you.

We, our profit making business arm, were approached for primary schools software by a Middle-Eastern country and one of the requirements for a successful score was that the software automatically sends an e-mail to daddy at work so he can come home and give a pat on the back and, bizzarely, the other requirement was it printed out a voucher for a chocolate bar redeemable at the school office.

So I quipped that the fattest boy was the cleverest boy in school, and Univeristy’s were sponsored by Cadburys. Across the desk was a nod from the chief negotiator and stone faced (Mount Rushmore) from the rest! Apparently the fatter the brighter there and local chocolate company does sponsor University scholarships!

Okay, it’s late and it’s probably not that funny, but at the time I could not see why they could not see the funny side of it. I dont't know why we did not win this contract, it was an excellent pitch! :? Needless to say they would not be appealing for a place on Etienne's window ledge!

I hope I have not killed this thread, I will leave you all in peace. Pray continue Etienne et al.

Lee
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Marylou wrote:At the end of what's been a dismal week for some of us, a big vote of thanks goes to Etienne for providing the biggest laugh in ages! :lol:
Why, thank you, Marylou! :D
P.S. Got any more like that?
Perhaps I'll publish a book one day.
(circa 2020 - if I live that long! :roll:)
Etienne
PapaM

Post by PapaM »

Aha! So I not the only desperate parent in the world!!!!

...and now that I know what it is that we are probably doing wrong, I may just not use any of these arguments if I appeal!
PapaM