Slough Grammar Appeal result?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Hi
I just wondered whether any of you succesful appellants would be able to offer any advice to those of us still waiting for appeals for the Slough grammars.
I would be very interested to know, if you didn't mind, the kind of questions you were asked etc, it would be very helpful for us as our appeal isn't until the end of April.
Thanks for any help you can give us.
Rgds,
LFH
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Why won't those who've been through the process post some feedback here? :roll:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=9205

If only we could build up a database of reports from all areas, it would be a wonderful resource for the future.
Etienne
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

great news nanya p was wondering whether you had good news

LFH where is your appeal for in April I thought all the Slough appeals had been heard?
Looking for help

Hi overpeck,

Ours is for St Bernard's and they are all after the Easter holidays :!:
The waiting is driving me mad. I just wish I could close the book on all this but we still have a month to wait.
Not to worry after a glass or 2 of wine in the evening, I manage to just about forget :lol:
LFH
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

Hi LFH I cant believe you have had to wait so long for your appeal. I believe St Bernards run their appeals seperately from the consortium. They asked the following questions.
Did she have tutoring
Did she take the Bucks exam
Did she take the Langley exam
Why would she want Slough Grammar
Looking for help

Thanks overpeck, it is very helpful - I know they run the appeals separately, but I imagine that they will be fairly similar, so it is good to know that people are being succesful for Slough Grammar.

In fact I wish I had allowed my son to do the Slough Grammar exam, as I believe that the maths exam would have balanced out his poor VR score, but there you are.

Mind you I'm not holding out too much hope as we have a gap of 5 marks to explain, wich is very high.

But thanks for taking the time to reply, it is very much appreciated :D

Good luck to you and to your child, it is great news for you both.

LFH
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Hi,

I would be more than happy to put up some info on what we did/said etc... on the night of the appeal. I will put the info on the link that Etienne has provided. I will try and do this by the end of the weekend. Etienne has quite rightly stated that there is very little on the forum for Slough Grammar.
I am still in a state of shock that we actually won, I had convinced myself that with 170 appeals for SG this year that we didn't have a cat in hells chance of winning despite DD only being one point away.
chad

Post by chad »

Thanks for that Partygirl.
Since SG left the consortium we cannot presume that their appeals will be the same as Langley or Herschel. So any info people can give us would be great.
LFH.... hang on in there....it is such a long time to wait :roll:
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

No problem Chad.

I was gutted that DD only failed by 1 point and I mentioned on the forum that I was considering appealing. The comments you left really gave me the boost to go for it and for that I will be eternally grateful
Looking for help

Chad,

Hanging on in there.......just 8) I think :!:

LFH
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now