Advice on criteria

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yesheadjon

Post by yesheadjon »

Many many thanks for all the advice so far and the offer to answer more questions!! So I do have a some other questions.

On one of the test days he was rather flustered as he arrived at the last minute. We left plenty of time but did not realise that the main road between Nottingham and Grantham (A52) was closed due to roadworks. Is this a reasonable argument to use and if so do I need proof of some sort?

If I make the assumption that my arguments for non-qualification are accepted, how much weight do you think it carries for us at the appeal that my son has a brother there already and that it would cause major hassle for him to be at another school?

Thanks
Alex

Post by Alex »

Road closures: Worth a mention but not perhaps very compelling as mitigating circumstances go. You can get the evidence by googling A52 road closure for the date in question.

Having a brother there - Certainly some account is taken of having a sibling in the school. On the other hand, it is very common for siblings to end up at different schools particularly where the selective single sex schools are concerned. The difficulties are compounded by the distance factor but I am afraid that this will probably be seen as a consequence of having opted for a school a long way from home and may not thus evoke a great deal of sympathy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now