VR Tutors software for Wiltshire

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wiltsman

VR Tutors software for Wiltshire

Post by wiltsman »

Can someone tell me if this software is suitable for the Nfer-Nelson type VR papers taken in Wilts ?

Apparently the Nfer-Nelson sample papers only cover 15 out of 21 types of questions (so helpful, Nfer-Nelson, thanks ..) so I'm looking for something to cover the missing topics.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The Tutors'c VR CDs 1 (in types) and 2 (tests) will be suitable. Try the demos and see what you think

I use them here in Kent. We normally have just the 15 but occasionally another sneaks in. I find them very useful.

The Susan Daughtrey Bright Sparks papers cover the 21 types too. (must be bright sparks). Ther are 2 sets of 4 and they are similar to the format of the NfER papers

Ther is a free download by The Tutors Method and Technique. Itis very good and explains all 21 types
wiltsman

Post by wiltsman »

yoyo123 wrote:The Tutors'c VR CDs 1 (in types) and 2 (tests) will be suitable. Try the demos and see what you think
Thanks for the response. However, what do you mean by "in types" and "tests" ? Do CDs 1 and 2 cover different topics, or work differently, or something ?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

CD 1 tests one type of question at a time..

e.g all questions in test are letter series, so that you can have lots of practice in a particular type..
useful if your child needs extra practice in a particular type of question.

CD2 has tests where there is a mix of all types of question, useful for diagnosing tricky bits..you can then go back to CD1 and practise that type.

Are the papers multiple choice in Wilts?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now