11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cyclodad

Re: AGS Waiting List movement

Post by cyclodad »

Have moved to 19th - a massive jump of 3 places in the last 2 weeks! :shock:
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Been thinking about you cyclodad - any movement?
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

A little – now 16th!

Was reasonably confident that we would get in to begin with (please no one say each year is different!!!) based on previous years.

Now can’t say we have any real confidence given how slowly things seem to be moving this year.

Its worse for ds as all his friends are making plans for next year and he is a bit in limbo land.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

That is very hard for your son to be so unsure - I'm sorry.

I'm not going to say you can't be sure because each year is different, as you know that, but I am wondering if there could be a difference this year and that is around the time of place rejection becaise of this automatic acceptance?

I feel its more likely that teh same approx number of places won't be taken up and its just a timing issue with giving them up becasue of the auto acceptance (which is the only change fropm last year) as opposed to thinking that suddenly far, like FAR fewer students aren't taking up offers at AGS. I could be wonrg of course, but in your place I would still be hopeful
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

Appealed today for AGS place *deep breaths*

Lowest score 214 offered so far off the waiting list (23 offers made since initial offer day, 2 initially then 21 off the list I think)

So all out of area - no-one below AQS.
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

Best of luck to you DS
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

Same to yours. *crosses fingers madly*
cyclodad

Post by cyclodad »

Our appeal was successful so we are in
R :) relieved that its over, and DS is so happy
:D We are sad for those that did't make it through the appeal :(

Thanks to everyone who has helped us through this journey.
Its now time for me to clip in, and cycle off to pastures new.

Best of luck to those still waiting
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Or you could stay and give advice to those who come after you, like people have done for you....
Iceman

Post by Iceman »

Hi Everyone,

this thread seems to have gone quiet but the waiting list is moving pretty rapidly. My DS scored 211 and is on the waiting list for AGS and LSS. We are in the priority circle for AGS but live much closer to LSS, but not in the eastern priority circle.

Here are his waiting list positions by date:

13/3 AGS - 48, LSS - 23
24/4 AGS - 41, LSS - 19
25/5 AGS - (23), LSS - (14) (from memory I didn't write them down at the time)
07/6 AGS - 13, LSS - 15

The movement since the 25/5 seems quite a bit. But there are a couple of interesting things here. Cyclodad stated on the 30/5 that the appeal was successful, however with a score of 212 and a starting position of 26 (his post on 13/3), I think his DS must have been very very close to the top of the waiting list at time of appeal, given the movement of 25 places by 25/5. (Well done btw Cyclodad, all credit to you and your family, I know how tough appeals are, though ours was unsuccessful last year).

According to the above, the list has moved 35 places, though Warwickshire say 36 places have been offered this year from the waiting list (44 last year).

That probably means that 212 scores are getting places from the waiting list now. We live miles away from AGS so we'll be low down the 211 section, indeed it was said earlier that 210 was 52nd on the waiting list. If anyone has any idea where the 212/211 waiting list cut off that would be great to know.

So, where does that leave us? I really hadn't thought my DS would get into AGS given his starting position of 48 but now I'm not so sure. I'm pretty confident he won't get into LSS. But will the movement slow down? Have I made a logic error in the waiting list movement?

Thoughts and opinions please, sorry for the long post.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now