one month away - 1st March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ashu

one month away - 1st March

Post by Ashu »

I am anxious - wondering if I have filled the forms okay and the address proof which my husband sent (as I was away from country) is all okay or would we get to know on 1st March that this was wrong...............

Am I the only one to worry?

Also wanted to know how are the kids preparing for SATS - my girl is just not working anymore, what should I make her do at home for SATS - her Creative writing needs to be enhanced as per her teacher.

Thanks!
Tinkers

Re: one month away - 1st March

Post by Tinkers »

Don’t worry about SATs that much, the school will do the work and set HW etc.

If her teacher says she needs to work on creative writing then they should be setting work to do that.

Most schools do more than enough work for SATs, parents don’t need to do any more. If you are lucky enough to be at a school with a more relaxed approach, be very grateful.

As for allocations day, I think we all have the jitters before hand.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Jitters - check
SATs - meh

Just had first term report for DD1 who is in Y7 of GS. Clearly SATs are not what they are bench-marking her against at the moment (even if that is the Government Progress 8 measure). It is all based on the base line tests they had at the beginning of term. So like I say - SATs, meh.

Sadly primary school doesn't see it that way so they are drilled week in, week out on a very limited curriculum rather than enjoying a broad range of creative and investigative subjects that genuinely prepare them for secondary school...probably a whole other thread.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Ashu wrote:I am anxious - wondering if I have filled the forms okay and the address proof which my husband sent (as I was away from country) is all okay or would we get to know on 1st March that this was wrong...............

Am I the only one to worry?

Also wanted to know how are the kids preparing for SATS - my girl is just not working anymore, what should I make her do at home for SATS - her Creative writing needs to be enhanced as per her teacher.

Thanks!
For people that have been classed "Late" won't a snail mail has already been sent?
There is a thread on same in this Forum - "Applications classed as Late". So on 1st March if we don't make it to List it can only be because of marks Right?
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

Just wondering what will happen about getting the results on the 1s March. All the information is talking about email but Warwks have said this won’t happen this year. Do they send letters for a 1st March arrival? I am building myself up for that date so if there is likely to be a wait it would be better to know about it. DD didn’t get her Warwks results for her scores, I had to ask for it to be resent so I am less confident about the postal system!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

On a link I have posted previously it says letters posted second class 26th Feb. It also says letters will not be issued for online applications where first preference school has been offered.

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

Thank you Kenyancowgirl, sorry to make you repeat yourself :oops:
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:On a link I have posted previously it says letters posted second class 26th Feb. It also says letters will not be issued for online applications where first preference school has been offered.

https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So how will Parents know..Are they expected to call? Not sure if that makes sense.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Assumably, like previous years, where you have made an online application you all log on and be able to see what you have been allocated and/or will receive an email if it is your first preference school (but will not get a letter in this case)
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Assumably, like previous years, where you have made an online application you all log on and be able to see what you have been allocated and/or will receive an email if it is your first preference school (but will not get a letter in this case)
So check that username and password for the admissions portal ASAP and don't wait until March 1st!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now