How quickly do we have to accept?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cazbruce

How quickly do we have to accept?

Post by cazbruce »

Hi

Does anyone know how quickly we would have to accept an offer as a result of appeal or wait list? trying to get our ducks in a row on the off-chance one of these comes off, but the nearer we get to induction days the more we will have to "convince" our dd that the school she's been given is the best one for her ... but then if we get offered the 1st choice what is she then doesn't want to go ? (do we have time to sit and talk to her before accepting??)

thanks
ElsieM

Re: How quickly do we have to accept?

Post by ElsieM »

We were offered a wait list place for KES by Warwickshire admissions last week and given a week to accept or reject.
The lady I spoke to was very understanding as I was surprised by the call and wanted to talk to my son and husband first. We had been managing expectation too and being positive about our current school offer so needed to make sure every one was happy.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

King Edward's foundation office (Birmingham grammars) had been giving 1 week to accept.

However, as time is now ticking on, the acceptance time has shortened. In particular King Edward's Five Ways, who appeared to take over the waiting list handling themselves.

Someone was offered a place on the Friday and was given until the Monday.

You will be given 'thinkkng' time, but I would guess that the nearer it gets to inductions etc that time will be reduced, to then give others the opportunity to have that place and attend the relevent information days.
cazbruce

Post by cazbruce »

Thanks guys this is great, even one night to "think" will help, glad we are not the only ones who have tried to "big up" the school offered so much the child is probably now confused!!
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

cazbruce wrote:Hi

Does anyone know how quickly we would have to accept an offer as a result of appeal or wait list? trying to get our ducks in a row on the off-chance one of these comes off, but the nearer we get to induction days the more we will have to "convince" our dd that the school she's been given is the best one for her ... but then if we get offered the 1st choice what is she then doesn't want to go ? (do we have time to sit and talk to her before accepting??)

thanks

Last week Thursday -17th May we were offered seat in KES via mail as a result of WL movement and were requested to get back by noon on Thursday of next week (24 May) which I believe is very decent time.
This time frame could also be more in case of anybody high up in WL (we were WL#1 in KES for quite some time).
So somebody offered this week I believe will have less time to make a decision.

Letter arrived last Friday and we are asked to submit info (student Questionnaire and some basic info) asap.
Dates on choosing Music instruments have long passed (16th May).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now