Bus help from Leamington to SGGS please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Varsha2017

Re: Bus help from Leamington to SGGS please?

Post by Varsha2017 »

ToadMum wrote:What do they cover - just the one route and one journey each way per school day (I would assume this for the WCC one?), or any route and / or as many journeys as you like between the first and last days of validity of the season ticket?

WCC one will be 1 route and 1 journey (to & fro) /school day. Public bus options are more but still cannot justify them to be more dearer by £121 /annum. I believe difference is substantial. I am trying the school bus for KES for the starting term and then lets see.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

The new Stagecoach bus pass prices are astounding - they have done away with the significantly cheaper passes and gone for a fully flexible term time anywhere in Warwickshire ticket. £342 is a lot to pay for just one term, but I have no other choice.
gingerly67

Post by gingerly67 »

I agree. I'm stunned by this too (DS Y9 at KES). Had I known about the enormous increase (around 20%?) I would have applied for a place on the school bus. The annoying thing is that the train from Leamington to Stratford would be a lot cheaper and if only the train times were slightly different it would be a viable option. I'm not really sure what to do either.