11plus 2018 new thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SarahWarwickshire

Re: 11plus 2018 new thread

Post by SarahWarwickshire »

Hi,

My DS has his 8th at Lawrence Sheriff.

Can anyone tell me if they have to wear school uniform on the day? I have a vague memory of having read that but now I can't think where!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

SarahWarwickshire wrote:Hi,

My DS has his 8th at Lawrence Sheriff.

Can anyone tell me if they have to wear school uniform on the day? I have a vague memory of having read that but now I can't think where!
If the test is on a weekend, I would advise wearing comfortable home clothes, not school uniform, as that is what he would normally be wearing on that day. Neither of my son's wore uniform when they took the test - and we went straight out for lunch afterwards as they were both staaaarrrrvvvinnng!!!!

(Uniform is often worn to private school test days as parents like to advertise wear their child is currently, in the hope it sways some influence.)
SarahWarwickshire

Fab thanks for the reply!
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

I don’t know no, sorry!

Does anyone know how the scoring works? What’s the maximum score? The mocks we have at home are out of less than 200 in total yet the AQS are always 209+?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I have answered this on your other thread - usually best to stick to one thread so that people are not duplicating answers.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The AQS is a standardised score. It is in the nature of standardised scores, that the normal distribution will be between about 69 and about 140. So for two papers (or two groupings of scores from the various elements of the whole test), between about 138 and about 280. However, the 209 represents a point on the curve, not a score 'out of' the maximum standardised score for that set of underlying raw scores.

Are the results of the mocks your DC has taken reported as standardised scores or raw scores? 200 would be an odd maximum standardised score for any set of data, I think, but I may be wrong.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Thanks Toadmum. They are raw scores. I’ve got a couple of indications from others. I was just trying to clutch at straws to work out his level compared to the standardised scores of others. Guess I will just calm down and wait and see his result. Mums who want the best for their kids, eh?!
SarahWarwickshire

Hi,

I just wanted to wish all the children the best of luck for this coming weekend!

It's tough that they're back at school tomorrow. We're concentrating on keeping it chilled this week and hoping that the change in routine won't make him too tired. I asked DS what special meal he'd like after the test on Saturday to celebrate his achievement (I wanted to reward the effort rather than the result) but he chose Subway! Can't deny I'd prefer it if he'd chosen somewhere nicer :-)
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

SarahWarwickshire wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to wish all the children the best of luck for this coming weekend!

It's tough that they're back at school tomorrow. We're concentrating on keeping it chilled this week and hoping that the change in routine won't make him too tired. I asked DS what special meal he'd like after the test on Saturday to celebrate his achievement (I wanted to reward the effort rather than the result) but he chose Subway! Can't deny I'd prefer it if he'd chosen somewhere nicer :-)
All the Best to all children!!
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

Thank you SarahWarwickshire! You’ve done well - my DS is getting a full English and a roast dinner as per his request!!

Best of luck to all the children xx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now