Proof of address for child

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RedPanda

Re: Proof of address for child

Post by RedPanda »

snow white wrote:Can I just clarify if they need the Council Tax bill earlier than 31 December this year? I only have a grammar school on my CAF. Is it the Council Tax bill by 31 Oct and the other proof by 31 December? Thank you, I’ve confused myself?!?
Is that a grammar school and nothing else or a grammar school plus other schools?

You need a 'safe bet' somewhere on the CAF.
snow white

Post by snow white »

I had intended only to list AGS, but will put also now put KES as an outside chance. I appreciate what you mean about the ‘safe bet’ but we have alternate plans should he not get in. Wouldn’t really want to take a place we would never intend to accept.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

With regard to proof of address - we have a problem. It turns out that my husband's filing system has "lost" this year's council tax bill... will I be able to apply by the 31st without it? I've emailed the council to ask if we can have a copy, but I don't know how fast a turnaround to expect.

If I were to go through with the application submission without attaching any proof of address at this stage, would our application be rejected? Aargh!
Olog08

Post by Olog08 »

Vicksteroo I think one of the earlier posters mentioned they’d been into the council offices and been able to get a copy pretty much on the spot. If you don’t provide it by 31st October then I think your application would be treated as ‘late’ and so you wouldn’t get an offer on 1 March. I hope you can get a copy soon.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Thanks Olog08 - what a nightmare! I'll have to send the hubster as I don't work anywhere near the council offices... thanks for your reply though.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

Vicksteroo wrote:With regard to proof of address - we have a problem. It turns out that my husband's filing system has "lost" this year's council tax bill... will I be able to apply by the 31st without it? I've emailed the council to ask if we can have a copy, but I don't know how fast a turnaround to expect.

If I were to go through with the application submission without attaching any proof of address at this stage, would our application be rejected? Aargh!
I telephoned my local council and they e-mailed it to me within a few hours.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Centralperk wrote: I telephoned my local council and they e-mailed it to me within a few hours.
Thank you! I'll call them on Monday - I really hope they'll be as helpful :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

In short, though, yes, if you do not provide proof of address by their deadline, your application will be classed as late and you will not be considered in the first round of offers on 1st March.
SalamS

Post by SalamS »

Do we have too provide the proof of address at this stage ???
mad?

Post by mad? »

SalamS wrote:Do we have too provide the proof of address at this stage ???
Yes see post above yours. Quoted below just in case...
kenyancowgirl wrote:In short, though, yes, if you do not provide proof of address by their deadline, your application will be classed as late and you will not be considered in the first round of offers on 1st March.
mad?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now