Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:24 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm
Posts: 6
Hi. My daughter had a good score of 230. We applied for schools including RHS. We’ve never received any further info regarding additional information needed until today when we got a generic letter saying following our recent correspondence the application would be late as we hadn’t provided the info requested. Anyone else had a similar experience and chances of still getting in!?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Posts: 6462
I'm not from your area I'm afraid but there is some discussion of this here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 am
Posts: 32
It happened to us last year, although we had sent the proof, they just hadn’t marked it on their system. They corrected it about a week after offers day. However, our son would have been fine anyway due to his good score, it would have placed him near the top of the waiting list for his preferred school which moved quite considerably. Good luck x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm
Posts: 6
snow white wrote:
It happened to us last year, although we had sent the proof, they just hadn’t marked it on their system. They corrected it about a week after offers day. However, our son would have been fine anyway due to his good score, it would have placed him near the top of the waiting list for his preferred school which moved quite considerably. Good luck x


Did you have to wait long to be offered a place ? Was in the next round of offers?? Thank you x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:52 am
Posts: 32
It would be the second round of offers, think it’s about 2 weeks or so from memory.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:04 pm
Posts: 477
Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm
Posts: 6
guest201 wrote:
Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.


Thank you. That’s what i’m Worried about - the lack of movement. Any knowledge of whether appeals are successful?? TYIA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 am
Posts: 199
Bakewea wrote:
guest201 wrote:
Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.


Thank you. That’s what i’m Worried about - the lack of movement. Any knowledge of whether appeals are successful?? TYIA


Yes, there is a girl in my daughter's class who was classed as late but got in on appeal. RHS took 127 (instead of 120) girls last year because of mistakes by Warks admissions. There were also a few late joiners, and that includes into Y8.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm
Posts: 6
sportsforall wrote:
Bakewea wrote:
guest201 wrote:
Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.


Thank you. That’s what i’m Worried about - the lack of movement. Any knowledge of whether appeals are successful?? TYIA


Yes, there is a girl in my daughter's class who was classed as late but got in on appeal. RHS took 127 (instead of 120) girls last year because of mistakes by Warks admissions. There were also a few late joiners, and that includes into Y8.



thank you- gives me some hope then. She should have been fine with her score- so just keeping my fingers crossed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 pm
Posts: 43
According to another parent at our school, the council admitted there had been "IT issues" regarding the sending out of the request for proof of child's address in December, but they wouldn't budge on their decision to mark them late. The parents are now in touch with the grammar school in question, and are taking the matter up with them directly as the council were instransigent. It may be worth talking to the school. Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019