Application classed as late for RHS- will we get in?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bakewea

Application classed as late for RHS- will we get in?

Post by Bakewea »

Hi. My daughter had a good score of 230. We applied for schools including RHS. We’ve never received any further info regarding additional information needed until today when we got a generic letter saying following our recent correspondence the application would be late as we hadn’t provided the info requested. Anyone else had a similar experience and chances of still getting in!?!
scary mum

Re: Application classed as late for RHS- will we get in?

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area I'm afraid but there is some discussion of this here.
scary mum
snow white

Post by snow white »

It happened to us last year, although we had sent the proof, they just hadn’t marked it on their system. They corrected it about a week after offers day. However, our son would have been fine anyway due to his good score, it would have placed him near the top of the waiting list for his preferred school which moved quite considerably. Good luck x
Bakewea

Post by Bakewea »

snow white wrote:It happened to us last year, although we had sent the proof, they just hadn’t marked it on their system. They corrected it about a week after offers day. However, our son would have been fine anyway due to his good score, it would have placed him near the top of the waiting list for his preferred school which moved quite considerably. Good luck x
Did you have to wait long to be offered a place ? Was in the next round of offers?? Thank you x
snow white

Post by snow white »

It would be the second round of offers, think it’s about 2 weeks or so from memory.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.
Bakewea

Post by Bakewea »

guest201 wrote:Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.
Thank you. That’s what i’m Worried about - the lack of movement. Any knowledge of whether appeals are successful?? TYIA
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

Bakewea wrote:
guest201 wrote:Bakewea, historically there is not much movement on the East Warwickshire waiting lists, so what people refer to as the second round of offers sometimes doesn't happen here. However if there are a lot of people who have been classed as late for the same reason as you it may be different this year.
Thank you. That’s what i’m Worried about - the lack of movement. Any knowledge of whether appeals are successful?? TYIA
Yes, there is a girl in my daughter's class who was classed as late but got in on appeal. RHS took 127 (instead of 120) girls last year because of mistakes by Warks admissions. There were also a few late joiners, and that includes into Y8.
Bakewea

Post by Bakewea »

sportsforall wrote:
Bakewea wrote:
Yes, there is a girl in my daughter's class who was classed as late but got in on appeal. RHS took 127 (instead of 120) girls last year because of mistakes by Warks admissions. There were also a few late joiners, and that includes into Y8.

thank you- gives me some hope then. She should have been fine with her score- so just keeping my fingers crossed
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

According to another parent at our school, the council admitted there had been "IT issues" regarding the sending out of the request for proof of child's address in December, but they wouldn't budge on their decision to mark them late. The parents are now in touch with the grammar school in question, and are taking the matter up with them directly as the council were instransigent. It may be worth talking to the school. Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now