11+ 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wildwest

11+ 2022 entry

Post by wildwest »

Hi everyone

Hope you are all keeping well. Is it too early to start this thread? In the current context of what is going on in the country/world, 11+ doesn't seem very important but the reality is that we have DCs who are hoping to sit it come September.

This is a positive space where we can share worries, suggestions and guidance.
WarksMum

Re: 11+ 2022 entry

Post by WarksMum »

Hello! I have a Y5 who is sitting the exam for 2022 entry, and is hoping to join an older sibling who is currently in Y7 at AGS. I wasn’t initially concerned about postponements to the exam (thinking Covid would only affect the 2021 cohort), but now that schools have closed I’m very concerned that we could have a repeat of the Birmingham/Warwickshire debacle. Fingers crossed that lessons have been learned.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hopefully as the year goes by things will gradually improve.

We were very lucky in the end to sit the exam in November .

This year they need to keep bham and warks on the same day.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Does anyone know about a Consultation regarding reducing catchment circle for KES Stratford? I missed it and there is no information on the school's website either.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

wildwest wrote:Does anyone know about a Consultation regarding reducing catchment circle for KES Stratford? I missed it and there is no information on the school's website either.
September 2021 Admissions Policy:
http://www.kes.net/files/cms/1988_M%20- ... 202021.pdf

Priority Circle: The priority circle for King Edward VI School and Stratford Girls’ Grammar School is based on a circle with a radius of 16.885 miles drawn from the Fountain in Rother Street, Stratford-upon-Avon (half-way between the two schools) to the County boundary south of Long Compton. In drawing a priority circle in this manner,
the schools are able to comply with their duty following the Greenwich Judgement
(1989). Evidence will be required to prove that the child is resident within the Priority
circle by the deadline of 11.59pm on Thursday 31st December 2020.

September 2022 Admissions Policy:
http://www.kes.net/files/cms/2131_M%20- ... 202022.pdf

Priority Circles: The priority circles for King Edward VI School are based on circles
drawn from the Fountain in Rother Street, Stratford-upon-Avon. The inner priority circle
is 13 miles and the outer priority circle is 16.885 miles to the County boundary south of
Long Compton. In drawing priority circles in this manner, the school is able to comply
with its duty following the Greenwich Judgement (1989). Evidence will be required to
prove that the child is resident within the priority circles by the deadline of 11.59pm on
31st December 2021.

That would imply that there were no (serious) objections, assuming that the main aims of the consultation were to introduce an inner priority area and to decouple the school from the SGGS policy?

(Not in your area, but I do have an interest in school admissions policies :)).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm on round 2 of this. Son got into LSS in 2020 and aiming for RHS for daughter in 2022.

Does anyone know when you register for the 11+ test - I think it's in May is it?

I put the dates and reminders in my calendar last time (for everything - applications, proof of address, test dates) as I was so scared I'd miss something and mess up her chances.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

It is usually May.

All the relevant information will be found on the warwickshire admissions website, just keep checking for updates.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Hi
Has anyone come across any publishers who do materials which may mimic the exam paper format such as, multiple timed sections of all 4 areas? When DD did the test, it wasn’t available but that was some time ago and I wondered if there is anything out there now?

All of the papers available are timed papers of one area (VR, NVR etc) only
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

I assume there is nothing of this sort in the market then....

I was just thinking that this might be a good resource because, the cost of mocks has increased significantly (doubled actually) compared to a few years ago when DD did a couple of them.
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

wildwest wrote: Has anyone come across any publishers who do materials which may mimic the exam paper format
I believe CGP publish some full tests.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now