RESULTS THREAD for 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NoviceKK

Re: RESULTS THREAD for 2022 entry

Post by NoviceKK »

stat wrote:
NoviceKK wrote:Thanks Stat. Similar to another post here my DS scored 221 and I was wondering if worth applying to AGS based on the AQS increasing year on year and the bigger jump last year. In the end we have put AGS down as we have nothing to lose but I wondered using your formula what the AQS would be for AGS - I am not an excel expert so would appreciate your view.
If the demand is the same the AQS should stay the same. Although I note that this years standardised average is down to 203 from last year 206, which will help.

If demand goes up say 10%, I would predict an AQS in the 220 to 224 range for AGS

KES priority change might also be an issue, but swings and round-abouts, on this I think.

221 is in the ball park, which is all we can hope for. He did well.

Standard stats warning, lies, damned lies etc
Thanks very much stat!
pgm

Post by pgm »

hermanmunster wrote:Is this it? https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documen ... 03847-2531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the table for 2021 entry. I've seen the ranking tables for 2022, 2021 and 2019, but can't seem to find the 2020 table anywhere. Anyone able to help please?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

pgm wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:Is this it? https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documen ... 03847-2531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the table for 2021 entry. I've seen the ranking tables for 2022, 2021 and 2019, but can't seem to find the 2020 table anywhere. Anyone able to help please?
so the one taken in 2019?

should be on this page, suspect they have mislabelled it https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/elevenplusresults" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Centralperk wrote:My son is in year 9 at Lawrence Sheriff and I agree 100 % with everything vicksteroo said!
Thanks Centralperk - I'm holding out hope on this one as I'm so very cross with their lack of communication recently - the comms item in the recent newsletter had me laughing out loud!
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Stat - I have no idea what your formula means :D but I'm super impressed. And sorry to be annoying but what would your formula make the RHS AQS score for next year? I've got a DD on 215 which should be ok but it's in that 'worry zone' where a blip could change things. March is so far away...
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Centralperk wrote:My son is in year 9 at Lawrence Sheriff and I agree 100 % with everything vicksteroo said!
I've got one at LSS too and agree with everything too.

Son is very happy, which is the most important thing.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

rsparma wrote:Thank you for that info - I'm afraid statistics are not my strong point,however, if a child scores 245, lives in the priority circle ( 10 miles from the tower) - do they stand a good chance of admission to the rugby grammars please?
Whilst, we are within the priority circle, we are in a different county, so am trying to find out how to apply.
On the phone to Warwickshire council now.
Apparently, we will all get some papers in the post this week to guide us further ...
If any parent already has a child at LSS and is happy to chat Id be grateful.

many thanks
Whichever state school(s) you are applying for , you apply by submitting the CAF set up by your home local authority. So if, e.g. you live in Birmingham, and want to apply to schools in Birmingham, Leicester and Northampton (yes, okay, a rather extreme example), you complete the CAF on the Birmingham City Council website and name all those schools in your order of preference. Your home LA liaises with the maintaining LAs of the schools in the other areas, collates their responses re your application, and is responsible for ensuring that the correct, single, offer is made to you on March 1st.

(Obviously, the maintaining LA for those schools is also the home LA for all of its own residents, just as your home LA is the maintaining LA for the schools in your area - those are just the terms used for the different 'hats' that the admissions team wears :)).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stat

Post by stat »

Mamabear84 wrote:Stat - I have no idea what your formula means :D but I'm super impressed. And sorry to be annoying but what would your formula make the RHS AQS score for next year? I've got a DD on 215 which should be ok but it's in that 'worry zone' where a blip could change things. March is so far away...
OK, again standard lies, damned lies and stats

needed to check RHS admissions policy, as they have a high PAN number for Pupil Premium and a couple of priority areas.

Again, first I would say if the number of applicants (demand ) is the same the AQS should stay the same

If demand goes up say 10%, I would predict an AQS in the 210 to 214 range for RHS (again noting that this years "age" standardised average is 203)

And I would predict that for 215 to be in the "worry zone" then the number of applicants would need to increase by 30%

I'd say that 215 is a decent score and in the right half of the ball park, she did well.

As a pessimistic part-time statisitican, I would also say nothing is certain until it is and when it is that I usually can't believe my eyes

added "age" to standarised average
Last edited by stat on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

I didn’t receive my daughters results through the portal as there was a problem with her registration. Today I have received the official letter. It clearly states that the average total standardised score is 200.
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Thanks so much, Stat. I appreciate you looking at that. Those numbers all sound reassuring, but of course we won't be counting any chickens and we know that anything can happen.

I love the way you write - your post really made me smile.