Warwickshire changing to GL exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jacquie

Warwickshire changing to GL exam?

Post by jacquie »

Hi. I was told today by a parent that their child's tutor told them, that for 2023 entry, Warwicks are changing from CEM 11+ papers to GL? Does anybody know about this?
hermanmunster

Re: Warwickshire changing to GL exam?

Post by hermanmunster »

Certainly Birmingham announced yesterday that they would be changing to GL - as they share results it would be likely that Warks would change too
Olog08

Post by Olog08 »

LSS have put on their website that they are considering changing in their latest Admissions Policy Consultation so I suspect it will go ahead too.
jacquie

Post by jacquie »

Olog08 wrote:LSS have put on their website that they are considering changing in their latest Admissions Policy Consultation so I suspect it will go ahead too.
Could you send the link for that. I have searched through and cannot find any reference to this on LSS website. :|
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

jacquie wrote:
Olog08 wrote:LSS have put on their website that they are considering changing in their latest Admissions Policy Consultation so I suspect it will go ahead too.
Could you send the link for that. I have searched through and cannot find any reference to this on LSS website. :|
It's under the 'Admissions' tab:

http://www.lawrencesheriffschool.net/sc ... n-document

Footnote, p8.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Olog08

Post by Olog08 »

It's also at the front of the consultation document:

Admissions Consultation 2023-2024 Entry
In accordance with the School Admissions Code (2021), the Governors of Lawrence Sheriff School are
consulting on their draft Admissions Policy for the 2023-2024 Academic Year. The consultation period
runs from midday on 17 December 2021 to midday on 28 January 2022. Anyone wishing to comment on
the draft document should write to Mrs Beardshaw, Clerk to the Governors, Lawrence Sheriff School,
Clifton Road, Rugby, CV21 3AG or by email to gillian.beardshaw@lawrencesheriffschool.com by the
deadline of midday on 28 January 2022. A copy of the consultation document will be available on the
school website during the consultation period at http://www.lawrencesheriffschool.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under Parents and
Students/Key Information/School Policies or a hard copy can be supplied on request to Mrs Beardshaw,
Clerk to the Governors. Please note: the school is considering moving from CEM to GL Assessment for the
entrance tests, which may result in minor changes to the proposed test arrangements prior to formal
determination, eg length of papers, content (eg English, Maths, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal
Reasoning).
spookyrascal

Post by spookyrascal »

Hi. I have just joined the form. The 11 plus process was fairly smooth for my daughter 3 years ago but things are less clear this time around.

I am trying to establish if Warwickshire has made a decision on whether they are using GL or CEM for 2022. I have emailed Warwickshire twice now and had no response. My son is about o sit a mock exam and I need to know which paper to select. I would be really grateful if anyone has any insight.
Ceew

Post by Ceew »

Hi, all. I’ve just found this in the Warwickshire website https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/grammar ... /11-test/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Applicants living outside of Warwickshire
The 11+ test for 2023 entry will be operated as a shared test between Warwickshire and the Grammar Schools in Birmingham Foundation. The same test papers will be utilised across both authorities and candidates can opt for their results to be shared across the two authorities, if they wish to be considered for grammar schools in both counties.

Sounds like GL it is.
spookyrascal

Post by spookyrascal »

Has that just appeared on the website or was it there all along? I wish they would come out and confirm it. I received this email from Warwickshire on Tuesday:

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

Our current test provider up until the 2022 entrance exam is CEM. We expect to be able to confirm the outcome of the 11+ exam tender exercise for Warwickshire this month, and are aiming to ensure that any familiarisation material is made available on our website in good time for children taking the exam for 2023 entrance later this year.

GL Assessment have material available on their website for parents to access, and the Warwickshire Grammar Schools have existing CEM familiarisation material on their websites. The 11+ examination seeks to test core competencies for mathematics, english comprehension, verbal and non-verbal reasoning, so there are no fundamental differences in areas the different test providers focus on.

Our website will be updated once a decision has been made.
Kind regards,
Warwickshire School Admissions
Education Services
pgm

Post by pgm »

For anyone who's children are taking the 11+ for 2023 entry, Warwickshire have confirmed that they are changing to GL.

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/news/ar ... -provider-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;