Test - Help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Nice to see warks is being subjected to a troll. :roll:

Not sure you've done yourself any favours Newspawn. I can't imagine many will reply to your queries now! :o
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corp ... stions.pdf

I found last years sample questions.

I think Bad Dad posted them originally but I couldn't locate them.
newdawn

Post by newdawn »

Dear Tipsy

You replied

"Nice to see warks is being subjected to a troll.

Not sure you've done yourself any favours Newspawn. I can't imagine many will reply to your queries now! "

That is exactly the point I am trying to make. Are the questions reasonable? If they are why cannot people respond to them regardless of who has asked them?

You really do get the impression it is who has asked/posted the question rather then any actual merit in the question itself.

When you say you are not doing any favours "for yourself" just confirms that opinion.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I think that the point is that this lack of response does not have anything to do with WHO has posted. Merely that there is not anyone currently frequenting the forum who has the knowledge of the new test to answer you.

You can be assured that if someone CAN answer then they will.

A few words written down can often be misunderstood. Perhaps Tipsy misunderstood your tone? Perhaps your messages could be read as being rather rude, confrontational and demanding?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I'm only replying because Ed's mum has posted. :P

I thought your comments did sound rude and offensive.
Bad Dad

Re: Test - Help

Post by Bad Dad »

youngest wrote:I am beginning to think about 11+ for ds2 in 2010
My 2nd son takes the test in 2010 too. And my daughter in 2012!
Bear in mind, if you live close to the school, there is a fair chance it will be a bit easier to get in than in previous years as they are considering reducing the qualifying circle for 2010.
youngest wrote:Please can you tell me if the answers are multiple choice or if the child has to think of their own answer?
If there is a mixture - which was which style?
According to Son 1, the format was mixed. Don't take this as gospel, as his memory was a little hazy, but he said the short maths, cloze, comprehension and NVR sections were all multi-choice, while the long maths and VR were mainly standard format.

BTW, disappointed not to be accused of being in the clique! Can't believe I have been hanging around for 2 years and I still don't get in.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

BTW, disappointed not to be accused of being in the clique! Can't believe I have been hanging around for 2 years and I still don't get in.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

If I ever decide to have one, Bad Dad, you are very welcome to join mine!! :mrgreen:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

So, it's a mixture of multiple choice and standard? That's useful to know. I really should pull my finger out and start doing a little bit of prep with my daughter instead of just reading about it...

Did you son tell you anymore about the test Bad Dad? I believe that timings are quite tight and that we should expect our children to not necessarily finish a section before having to stop and move on to the next section?
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

He was tight on time for many sections, but he did have time to go back and start checking his answers on others. The only section he completely ran out of time on and had to guess the last 3 or 4 questions was the first NVR section, which he said was nightmarishly difficult. But then he said the second NVR section was quite straightforward. Definitely agree with previous advice to expect some sections to be really hard and time-pressured, so don't get phased - keep going and grab every mark you can and then when they tell you to stop, forget about it and re-focus on the next section. Don't worry, because everyone else will have found it tough too - unless they are related to concerto!!!