Sorry Bad Dad - I think I got it wrong

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Katherine66

Sorry Bad Dad - I think I got it wrong

Post by Katherine66 »

Oops - I didn't answer the question! :oops:

I don't actually know what DD's RAW scores were - I could find out should you wish.

Feel very silly now.
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Hi Katherine66,
Not at all! If anything, I feel silly for being such a sad obsessive. If you do want to find out the raw scores, you can ring Admissions and they will tell you. I thought you might know already because you might have needed all the available info for the appeal, but obviously not the case. If you do find out and don't mind posting them, I think I would find it helpful in reckoning the chances for my next child based on my knowledge of the comparative strengths with the first one. Thanks for posting about your experience.
WP

Post by WP »

Bad Dad wrote:If you do find out and don't mind posting them, I think I would find it helpful in reckoning the chances for my next child based on my knowledge of the comparative strengths with the first one.
You could try writing to the council asking for the tables relating raw scores and ages to standardized scores. It's possible that they'll say they don't have them, but it may also be that the software that does the standardization prints out these tables as part of its operation. If so I can't see how they could justify withholding them.

I'm not sure that this would actually be very informative for your purpose, but it would be interesting.
Katherine66

Post by Katherine66 »

Hi Bad Dad

I will ring Admissions on Monday and find out - I'm curious now! Have just had another look through the Appeal papers that were submitted by the LEA to the Panel - no mention of the raw scores, just her standardised ones.

Must dash - trying to prise DS off his Wii and DD from pretending to be Beyonce in her bedroom so that we can join the delight that is the M5 on a Friday evening for a weekend away.

Katherine66
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now